Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP! How do I turn off the vibration?

I got my Atrix last night, and am trying desperately to figure out how to turn off ALL vibration feedback on the phone. I hate the vibration every time I press one of the soft keys on the bottom, it actually hurts my fingers!..

If you can't do this, the phone goes back. Please help!

Thanks.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

App Streak Vibrations. Must be rooted though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's crazy. I just had a "live chat" with a Motorola tech support person online and he (Ron) said "we're sorry for the inconvenience, but it is not optional".

So. Does anyone else here find it incredibly annoying?

(I did a search for the term haptic and found many other threads and posts about this, not only related to the Atrix...in fact, there's a whole Wikipedia page about it.)

Dang! Think about the unnecessary battery life it's wasting as well. I'd prefer it turned off as well.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Yeah, it doesnt seem possible. Even with Streak Vibrations. Once you Root your Atrix and use that program, as soon as you reboot it comes on again and you have to manully turn it off everytime. Hopefully someone can hack into the system files and find a way to permantly fix this.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, for now

I really wish you could turn these off as well, almost a dealbreaker for me as i really dislike haptic feedback
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

The Haptic feedback is only on the 4 menu buttons and its really not that bad. When you glide accross them, haptic feedback kicks in to switch through the screens to. And once when you slide your finger to unlock it on the fingerprint reader. But other then that, thats all it does. Its really not that bad. I wouldnt consider that a deal breaker for the fastest Android Phone thats out right now.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

So is it just haptic feedback that can't be turned of or customized as of right now? Can vibrations for ring tones, sms, IM's still all be customized to your liking?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    So is it just haptic feedback that can't be turned of or customized as of right now? Can vibrations for ring tones, sms, IM's still all be customized to your liking?
    Yes, definitely! Just the four bottom capacitive buttons and the fingerprint scanner (if you use it)
    Thanked by: