It's sad that AT&T doesn't push this phone more

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So when you walk into an AT&T store, you see big pictures and displays for the Inspire and iPhone of course, but they really don't do much to promote the atrix. The sales reps try to push the inspire or iphone on everyone.

It's just weird to me that they dont offer this as their "flagship" phone. It's crazy fast, has a killer battery, and just works so well. I feel like it's something that should be a lot bigger than it is but AT&T is the reason nobody knows about it really. How can the only dual core phone on the market not be huge?

gnahc79

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I see the AT&T Atrix commercial on TV fairly often. I hear the AT&T Atrix spot on the radio as well. I see Atrix posters in shopping malls....

gnahc79

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
it could vary by city. I'm in San Jose, CA where Apple HQ and lots of other tech companies are nearby, so maybe that's why there's a lot of Atrix marketing.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I never see or hear much about the Atrix either, though I haven't really sat down and watched American TV in ages now, with the exception of the news about Japan for awhile. That could be why I don't see much promotion for the Atrix anymore either.

I will admit, though, my sister said she saw a commercial for it two days ago.

kid108

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's really sad to be honest. I've gone to two different corporate stores and the Atrix is in the back where no one can see it collecting dust. I still can't get ATT. I thought when the Iphone lost its exclusivity then Att would show more love for other high end devices but I was wrong.

Maybe it depends what region or area your in. FYI, I live in Bellflower CA in LA county.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The worst part is that it leads to lack of support. I guess it really doesn't matter if it doesn't get big but I'm sick of people thinking the iPhone is gods gift to man and being completely oblivious to the atrix

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree, it's sad. The Atrix is a great phone. But I think it was brought in only as marketing window dressing.

The iPhone remains AT&T's number one franchise and focus, regardless that they've lost exclusivity. And now that they are buying T-mobile, there will be a huge marketing push to bring T-mobile customers to iPhone. The net result will be fewer choices of phones, for the combined network, as AT&T won't want to support such a large portfolio.

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i believe the Atrix isnt getting enough promotion because the phone isnt meant for the average cellphone users.

It takes a while to understand the phone and get accustom to its feature.

Compared to the iphone, the iphone is straight forward. it only takes a couple of minutes to know the phone inside and out. to upgrade its software, all the iphone users gotta do is plug it into the computer and voila, itunes does the rest and if the phone breaks, itune does the job in restoring it.

edited: plus, steve job got everyone under his mind control. =]

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I really don't care, the Atrix has gotten good reviews and high ratings by industry professional and tech reviewers. Knowing I have one of the best Android devices available today is good enough for me.

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather not have the phone that everyone else has. Although I've only recently in the past few months become aware of the capability of Android, when the Iphone first came out, I never had a strong desire to get a phone that everyone else had. When I went looking for my first smart phone and touch screen phone, the Iphone wasn't even on my radar.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I really don't care, the Atrix has gotten good reviews and high ratings by industry professional and tech reviewers. Knowing I have one of the best Android devices available today is good enough for me.

Well said. People hate on it due to locked down bootloader and motoblur but overall several tech websites have given the Atrix the same score overall as the iPhone 4 and the highest Android rating. The HTC Inspire gets pushed because it's cheap and HTC labeled. Of course AT&T will always push people to the iPhone because Apple is the reason they are still in business.

I love my Atrix so if AT&T doesn't want to push it more screw them we know what we have! And the devs working on the Atrix are hard at work which is awesome!

justinangil

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The Atrix Display is the first display I saw when I walked into the AT&T Store in the Empire State Building.

I also see that Atrix commercial with the Airport security pretty often.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
OP shoulda got an iphone then his friends would think he's much cooler and not such a ---

I think you're missing my point. I don't want this phone to die out, then we stop getting updates and this phone that's supposed to be so ahead of the industry will be stuck with old software.

Dick.

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
if anyone was watching the online streams for NCAA March madness... the atrix was one of only 3 commercials they played every freakin 2 minutes. i got tired of it! haha

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
During a 30 minute showing of a popular network tv show last night, I saw 3 different Atrix commercials....

I think they are just doing smart promoting, choosing where and when to air their commercials.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I guess I really can't have a good view on this, no cable or anything. Too busy, which is why I needed a phone that could do everything I need while I'm out all day

GenTsoChicken

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Although I've seen those lame ass airport security commercial where they seem to be pushing the Webtop more than the phone, it feels like ATT isn't giving the same love VZN is giving the Thunderbolt. At three of my local ATT store WP7 and the iPhone have their own booth up in front, while the Atrix is on a corner in the back.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance