water damaged screen. help!

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My screen has little water spots all inside the screen. Its not visible unless the screen is lit and its on a white page. Its almost holographic looking and looks like its on different layers as well.

I've tried using my trucks defroster with no success.
What's a solution? I will share pictures shortly.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
My screen has little water spots all inside the screen. Its not visible unless the screen is lit and its on a white page. Its almost holographic looking and looks like its on different layers as well.

Try throwing it into a sealed container of rice...or a sealed container with those little packets that come with new shoes.

Turn the phone off and remove the battery cover and battery before putting it in the container

Good Luck

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
2011-03-20_095653.jpg

2011-03-20_095710.jpg

2011-03-20_095725.jpg

Will try rice tonight

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
They dont replace water damaged phones unless you have insurance and then you have to pay the 125 or whatever it is.

Unless you can somehow slip it by the reps, but they're usually pretty thorough in checking why you need it replaced

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Was washing dishes and some water splahed out of sink and somehow got into screen. I wont be able to slip it past a rep. That's for sure. Will try rice tonight, but I think its pretty well set in.
Any other ideas?
My old N1 never had this simple an accident debilitate it.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
That really, really sucks...such a simple accident and so soon.. :( Thank you for the cautionary post, as I will leave my phone faaar far away while I do dishes now lol.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Even though the water may dry up with the bag of rice method, I think you'll have water spots because it's dish washing water.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What color are the liquid damage indicators? If they are white then TECHNICALLY (very technically) you don't have water damage.

I worked for a third party authorized retailer and we would call it in for customers and they would get an exchange. Never had one come back as declined.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

filmusikat

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh man...sorry to break it to ya but there's no fix for that. This happened to my previous phone...a blackberry...and the screen never went back to normal. It even made my screen look 3d! U gotta get a replacement :( yes its a$ 125 deductible. Sigh.

Hmmm...say u lost ur phone then try to sell it for 100bucks since the screen is messed up....then use that money for your deductible. =P

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

filmusikat

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
For the blackberry yes but I don't know about the atrix wince they are new? Im sure it will be expensive :/ might as well get a new replacement....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

I don't know if you are comfortable or inclined to take it apart? If so check this link for instructions, apparently it is not too difficult. Good Luck!!

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I only see one white dot under the battery cover. Is that the one that indicates water damage? I've riced it two nights now and its nearly dried out. Bad part is that my fingerprint scanner stopped working.

If I cang get these dang water spots gone, then im exchanging asap.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Was washing dishes and some water splahed out of sink and somehow got into screen. I wont be able to slip it past a rep. That's for sure. Will try rice tonight, but I think its pretty well set in.
Any other ideas?
My old N1 never had this simple an accident debilitate it.

Sounds and looks like "soapy" water. Phosphates and displays do not mix. (and I don't think it was just a little splashing, more like submerged, submarine style) Unfortunately, you're pretty well buggared unless you find a way to "overvoltage" the phone so that it basically dies and won't boot at all. In this case, I suggest a very good looking girl return it for you, for replacement. Hate to say it, but it'll be more sucessful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome