Battery Charging

satana

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is it normal for battery to take a lot of hours to charge ?
I drained the battery and it was charging for at least 9 hrs and it was only for 70 %. I had it powered off. After 2 min of usage it dropped to 60%.

Any ideas ?

porando

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
mine chareges itsels from 20% to 100% in about 3 hours (if I use Motorola charger) - it takes longer via USB cable but 9 hours is much too long for whatever you use...

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
if you're charging from some kind of low-power USB port then maybe. if you're plugging it into the wall, or a Desktop PC USB port, then something is wrong.

you will *ALWAYS* get the fastest charge by using the wall charger. USB ports on devices vary in how much current they supply to the port and thus your charging times will be slower and vary.

porando

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You need to pre-condition your battery (few cycles of charge full and discharge almost completely) And if you have all the power hungry modules running (wi-fi, GPS, Blutooth) plus screen set at full brightness - battery will drain very fast.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
It takes a charger that puts out >500 mA to efficiently charge your Atrix. If you are using the Moto charger that came with the phone then yes, something is wrong. If you are using and old Bberry charger or the charger for your bluetooth headset or any number of after market chargers you probably are not getting the 500 mA required to efficiently charge the Atrix. I just checked to Moto charger and it outputs 850 mA.

I've found that with almost every charger I've used for this phone issues arise (with the exception of the Moto charger). Even the ones that AT&T claim work with this phone cause issues with the sensitivity of the screen...but even those only put out ~ 500 mA.

jwolfe99

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It takes a charger that puts out >500 mA to efficiently charge your Atrix. I just checked to Moto charger and it outputs 850 mA.

I've found that with almost every charger I've used for this phone issues arise (with the exception of the Moto charger). Even the ones that AT&T claim work with this phone cause issues with the sensitivity of the screen...but even those only put out ~ 500 mA.

Thats strange the exta home charger that I got from the ATT store shows 1000ma output, guess I got lucky. Haven't tried it yet but will do so at work later this week.

Julian

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It takes a charger that puts out >500 mA to efficiently charge your Atrix. If you are using the Moto charger that came with the phone then yes, something is wrong. If you are using and old Bberry charger or the charger for your bluetooth headset or any number of after market chargers you probably are not getting the 500 mA required to efficiently charge the Atrix. I just checked to Moto charger and it outputs 850 mA.

my Blackberry wall chargers and Logitech Micro-USB (that was for my mouse) wall charger both work fine and at the same rate as my moto charger.

rickwood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The extra charger I got from the AT&T store went back after one day. It charged just fine, but the screen was unresponsive when it was plugged in.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
my Blackberry wall chargers and Logitech Micro-USB (that was for my mouse) wall charger both work fine and at the same rate as my moto charger.

I guess I just have some crappy chargers then...they wouldn't do anything with my wifes cappy nor with my atrix. with the atrix they all kept flashing up the disconnect from charger mess.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You need to pre-condition your battery (few cycles of charge full and discharge almost completely) And if you have all the power hungry modules running (wi-fi, GPS, Blutooth) plus screen set at full brightness - battery will drain very fast.

Once again, to everyone new to lithium ion batteries (although not sure how anyone could be these days), you do NOT, I repeat, NOT have to "condition" your battery, in fact it has been shown to actually decrease the life of your battery in the long-term. You'll be replacing it sooner than everyone else.

I take it this will be a constant argument back and forth for every single thread related to battery life until this information is stickied somewhere, which I doubt it will be. :\

satana

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I can really explain per say...a faulty wall socket.
The battery was completely drained...so I plugged it in. Then it was charged to 60 %. It would not charge further. So I plugged it to another socket and finished the charge. Weird.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae