Disable 3g

Conor18

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok this is driving me crazy... how do I disable 3g? So that it only connects to 2g? But stays connected to the internet? I live in one of those spots where I have a strong 2g and weak 3g but it is always switching and switching so I never get text. Help please?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I asked this too, early on, in a thread about battery life, but I don't think I ever got an answer, and now I've lost the thread. (it's hard to find in 7298 threads about battery life)

So I'm curious as well. On my Bold 9000 I used to disable and enable 3G all the time.

PDT816

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Text messages are sent to your phone via AT&T's voice network. Turning off all mobile data shouldn't affect receiving them.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So does anybody know how to enable/disable 3G?
I've looked through countless settings screens and am not seeing it...am I somehow missing it? Is it buried somewhere?

Conor18

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Not that I can find... Does a custom ROM give you that advantage? Thinking about installing GingerBlur... Don't quite understand SBF flashing yet... Got some reading to do.

chulahoma

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Go to dialer and enter *#*#4636#*#*
This will take you a test page, then go to phone info> set preferred network type to GSM only.

To turn on H+ set network to GSM auto (PRL).

If connections reverts to H+ restart phone. If connection to H+ won't come back on in GSM auto> restart phone.

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Those solutions would disable mobile data entirely (fine for text messaging, not for other things). I used to disable 3G and leave EDGE connected on my Blackberry. I often travel to rural areas for days at a time with no 3G service, and disabling the 3G radio ONLY would improve battery life noticeably. Would be nice if we had that option.

dictoresno

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Those solutions would disable mobile data entirely (fine for text messaging, not for other things). I used to disable 3G and leave EDGE connected on my Blackberry. I often travel to rural areas for days at a time with no 3G service, and disabling the 3G radio ONLY would improve battery life noticeably. Would be nice if we had that option.

i wondered this as well. although, i thought i saw on someones ROM on xda that this was a menu option. maybe i was mistaken.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Go to :
Setting >> Wireless & Network setting >> Mobile Networks >> Select Network

You will find an option to disable 3G , but keeps EDGE

I hope that's what are you looking for

geeklion

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Go to dialer then type *#*#4636#*#*

Tap phone information. Now there is an option to change network. To switch to edge, choose "GSM only". To reenable 3g/4g choose "GSM auto (PRL)"

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk. :-D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma