1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music player stopping

I seem to have an issue with playing music on my phone.

If I start a song and turn off the screen the player just stops after 2 minutes. This even happens if I try a player downloaded from the market. Any solution besides changing display/ security settings?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

EDIT: It appears the built-in task killer was to blame. Had to change settings I didn't even do!
    Last edited by fpc280; 03-27-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Found Solution

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm7 on N1 Rooted Atrix

Where is this at? I am having the same problems. Poweramp and the stock music player both stop playing the song.

The app continues to run but the songs stop

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm7 on N1 Rooted Atrix

Anyone?

I have the same problem even after the update

For me, it was because I accidentally added random apps to the Auto-end list. I went into the Task Manager and removed them and fixed my problem.

If you have set Gallery to auto-end, it will kill your music when going to sleep.

Sent from my Moto Atrix

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm7 on N1 Rooted Atrix

Where can I find the auto end function? It doesn't end at a specific minute after the screen is turned off, it happens randomly from anywhere between 1-3 minutes of screen timeout.

Go to Applications -> Task Manager and you can see all of your apps including the ones that are set to Auto-End. Simply remove Gallery from Auto-End and it will work fine.

Removed Gallery and music player from task manager's auto end list and after screen times out it still won't make it through a song without stopping...

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

lol I didnt know that either,but then again I dont listen to music on my phone since I got an Ipod,but still good to know that.
    Galaxy S3 Quantum Rom based off CM11
    Galaxy S4 MDOB T.W ROM KToonez Kernel
    Nexus 7 2013 Carbon ROM Faux123 OC Kernel
    For app reviews and Rom reviews follow me on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OnEmOsPhErE86