Source code for motorola atrix is now available!

ElliottG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

Just read this on XDA:

Source code (Android kernel, Ubuntu) now available - xda-developers

I didn't notice this when it happened, but it was pointed out in IRC (and not on the forums yet, I believe). The Android kernel and Ubuntu source code has been release in Motorola's usual site. I know some people have been waiting for tun.ko and cifs.ko - here's your chance. I might play around with a few modules myself, but I'm more excited about the Ubuntu source code release. :cool:

P.S. Oh, the people who were bellyaching and talking about how HTC was better than Motorola because HTC released kernel source code for some devices? Eat your heart out.

Credit to [jiggytom]xda-developers[/u] for pointing it out to me. This should have been in the original post.

What does this mean? I'm not sure exactly as I'm not a dev, but it seems like Moto is at least opening the doors a bit for development of the phone!

I got this quote from another thread titled "What exactly is a source code?"

Basically its a developers bible to how the phone is running, it will help out the development community greatly.

Hopefully this lets the devs do more dev on the phone!

Elliott

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah someone over at XDA is working on an overclock mod to get the phone to 1.5GHz but it's not fully functioning yet. Hopefully this leads to more and better stuff soon! Now all we need is them to unlock our bootloaders!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa