They disabled rooting with the latest update

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Its motorola that did it. It will be fixed though eventually, Im pretty sure our friends at XDA will have it figured out.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Every new update will most likely kill root. But remember that this is still pre-release so by the time this is released OTA there will probably already be a new root method.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

sewerbeing

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Rooting works through exploiting a security flaw in the phone. It would be downright irresponsible of Motorola not to fix that flaw (especially such a well documented one). You are buying a phone for what it can do out of the box, everything else has no guarantees... Also since sideloading still works Motorola didn't try to lock the phone down further they just fixed a security flaw.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys and Gals
I'm in China right now and would like to get this update to see what it fixes. My atrix has been having some issues....

You will have to wait it out as they havent pushed it OTA quite yet. Or, you can try to check in your system update to see if its there. It didnt really fix anything for me because I didnt really have problems. But It did make things a lot smoother.

mikefish96

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
help me please. I want to download the new update for the atrix but I have to get rid of my gingerblur rom first. How do i do this? Do i really have to flash all the way back to stock and lose all my apps and stuff?

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea I sometimes get that Wi-Fi connection problem hopefully the upgrade will fix this issue.Cant wait till I get home to upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21