Default They disabled rooting with the latest update

That's not cool AT&T.

Source: engadgetmobile.com
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Its motorola that did it. It will be fixed though eventually, Im pretty sure our friends at XDA will have it figured out.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

Every new update will most likely kill root. But remember that this is still pre-release so by the time this is released OTA there will probably already be a new root method.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Rooting works through exploiting a security flaw in the phone. It would be downright irresponsible of Motorola not to fix that flaw (especially such a well documented one). You are buying a phone for what it can do out of the box, everything else has no guarantees... Also since sideloading still works Motorola didn't try to lock the phone down further they just fixed a security flaw.

Should I unroot if I have a gingerblur rom before updating?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by mikefish96 View Post
    Should I unroot if I have a gingerblur rom before updating?
    you dont need to unroot, but you do need to be on a stock rom before OTA updating

Hey Guys and Gals
    I'm in China right now and would like to get this update to see what it fixes. My atrix has been having some issues....
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by mlewis2700 View Post
    Hey Guys and Gals
    I'm in China right now and would like to get this update to see what it fixes. My atrix has been having some issues....
    You will have to wait it out as they havent pushed it OTA quite yet. Or, you can try to check in your system update to see if its there. It didnt really fix anything for me because I didnt really have problems. But It did make things a lot smoother.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Sounds like it's OTA now. I'm going to have to hold out updating as long as possible.

What is OTA?

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
    What is OTA?
    Over The Air. Via wifi or cell data.

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    Over The Air. Via wifi or cell data.
    I'm surprised you can OTA, considering how the Atrix loves to randomly lose connectivity.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boyla001 View Post
    I'm surprised you can OTA, considering how the Atrix loves to randomly lose connectivity.
    I haven't ever lost connectivity.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

I have at times. Mainly with Wifi but not the actual network.

anyone know how to remove the super user icon from your apps, since it's pretty much useless right now with the new update.

Did anyone else lose the apn hotpot trick? Mine doesn't work just making sure my settings didn't get screwed up.

help me please. I want to download the new update for the atrix but I have to get rid of my gingerblur rom first. How do i do this? Do i really have to flash all the way back to stock and lose all my apps and stuff?

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Yea I sometimes get that Wi-Fi connection problem hopefully the upgrade will fix this issue.Cant wait till I get home to upgrade.
    Galaxy S3 Quantum Rom based off CM11
    Galaxy S4 MDOB T.W ROM KToonez Kernel
    Nexus 7 2013 Carbon ROM Faux123 OC Kernel
    For app reviews and Rom reviews follow me on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OnEmOsPhErE86

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    I haven't ever lost connectivity.
    You're one of the lucky ones. I've been through 3 Atrices (sp?) and all of them randomly lose data connectivity. I'm in an area with 5 constant bars, so it's not the network.