1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pre-Installed Gmail app.

is it me or this app just doesn't work on the atrix. It doesn't push email no notifications nothing. In order to get push i have to link my account to the stupid motorola email app, then i can get pushed gmail. but that's not what i want, and i shouldn't be forced to use motorolas app.

reason why i want to use the gmail app is because launcher pro updated with a gmail widget, but that uses the gmail app, but i can't use the gmail app because motorola doesn't let me. Very dumb.

if im missing something i would appreciate the help.

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

sorry cant help you but I did notice this happening for a lil bit to my phone
    Last edited by sk8trix; 03-28-2011 at 08:09 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by sk8trix View Post
    sorry cant help you but I did notice this happening for a lil bit to my phone
    so it magically fixed for you?

Works fine here. Are you talking of the Google gmail app? I upgraaded the shipped version with the latest one from the Market. No issues and notifies, etc. just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo64 View Post
    Works fine here. Are you talking of the Google gmail app? I upgraaded the shipped version with the latest one from the Market. No issues and notifies, etc. just fine.
    same here. i don't use the Android email client and exclusively use the gmail app.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

yea im talking about the gmail app, no matter what i do i get no notifications. Only when i open the app and hit refresh is when it works. maybe my settings are off? really want to get this working.

maybe you have sync turned off? try settings>accounts>other accounts>google>sync gmail
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by calbearz24 View Post
    maybe you have sync turned off? try settings>accounts>other accounts>google>sync gmail
    just says sync gmail touch to sync now. and only then does it sync.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

sync gmail touch to sync now? It says it like that? Can you delete the app and re install it?
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    sync gmail touch to sync now? It says it like that? Can you delete the app and re install it?
    yea it never said that when i first got it but after about 1 hour (when i first got the phone) it would change. I even wiped the phone the day after, then exactly 1 hour later it said the same thing. I tried deleting and installing again, nothing. here's a pic of what it looks like.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

anyone have an answer for this?
    I have the exact issue and it is very frustrating!

I was having a similar issue and found that my "sync" was turned off!
    Try adding the "Power Control" widget and then check to see if "sync" is turned on.
    Mine was "off" and turning it "on" resolved my Gmail issue.
    Thanked by:
    dalvik 

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jrmunch View Post
    I was having a similar issue and found that my "sync" was turned off!
    Try adding the "Power Control" widget and then check to see if "sync" is turned on.
    Mine was "off" and turning it "on" resolved my Gmail issue.
    I had the same issue today and couldn't figure out what's going on. Thanks a lot!!!

Global Posts
    3,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

Power control widget can certainly be a blessing.