Atrix Update: Version 4.1.57 ......

pinoy87peu

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Was checking updates all day yesterday but didn't find it. Eventually I got a popup around 6pm PST yesterday saying there was an update available. Installed it over wifi last night without problems.

Things I Noticed:
- Screen turns off automatically now when charging
(can change it back by going to Settings>Applications>Development>'Stay Awake')
- Battery Statistics has more details (such as 'Android System', 'Android OS', etc.)
- Finger Scanner has improved
- Contacts quicker to load (especially Facebook contacts and their profile pics)

Will test out battery today with my regular usage and see if I get more hours before it reaches 15% battery. Normally I get 12-14hrs before I get to 10-15%.

[This is my first real post on AC! Also my first Android phone, 2 weeks today! :D ]

Last edited:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Was checking updates all day yesterday but didn't find it. Eventually I got a popup around 6pm PST yesterday saying there was an update available. Installed it over wifi last night without problems.

Things I Noticed:
- Screen turns off automatically now when charging
(can change it back by going to Settings>Applications>Development>'Stay Awake')
- Battery Statistics has more details (such as 'Android System', 'Android OS', etc.)
- Finger Scanner has improved
- Contacts quicker to load (especially Facebook contacts and their profile pics)

Will test out battery today with my regular usage and see if I get more hours before it reaches 15% battery. Normally I get 12-14hrs before I get to 10-15%.

[This is my first real post on AC! Also my first Android phone, 2 weeks today! :D ]

I have noticed everything you said with the update. But the number 1 thing I noticed first was the Contacts that were a lot quicker to load. Even the Facebook Ones. So your right on target with that! And Congrats on your first Android Device and welcome to Android Central! Your gonna find a lot of information here. If you ever need any help, search around and also ask questions in the forum. The other members would be more then happy to help you out :). Welcome!

Nick

dmacis333

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I cannot do the update. Once it downloads it starts the installer and reboots. On the reboot you see the update starting then immeaditly there is a White Triangle with Exclamtion next to the android dude. Thats all what happens. I can luckly pull the battery and it returns back to the 4.1.2.6. Anyone else have this and is there a fix?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I cannot do the update. Once it downloads it starts the installer and reboots. On the reboot you see the update starting then immeaditly there is a White Triangle with Exclamtion next to the android dude. Thats all what happens. I can luckly pull the battery and it returns back to the 4.1.2.6. Anyone else have this and is there a fix?

Have you modded your phone in anyway? Webtop Hack? Rooted and deleted system applications? Something had to happen that you did prior to updating after you purhcased the phone.

Spoonap2

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
This update is for the public now and not beta correct?

All day yesterday, I would perform the update, and all it was doing was checking for avail update. Like for a long time and nothing.

Is anyone having this problem too? Yes, I was plugged in, and Yes, I had full wifi signal.

unw1red

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I got the update this AM. Since the update, I have noticed that it now connects to WiFi on 802.11an-20MHz. The specs say it is only b/g/n. Has this been happening all along or did the update unlock this capability?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having a serious battery drain after the update... it's been 4 hours since the phone is up and its already 70% so far i only used google reader for about 15 minutes, didnt even make any phone calls... i didnt add any new apps, all settings are the same as before. Is there any way to reverse back the update????? i will have to call motorola today.....

plasticglock

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having a serious battery drain after the update... it's been 4 hours since the phone is up and its already 70% so far i only used google reader for about 15 minutes, didnt even make any phone calls... i didnt add any new apps, all settings are the same as before. Is there any way to reverse back the update????? i will have to call motorola today.....

Go to talk manager and check to see if any apps are running cpu. I had a little note pad app "out of milk" go rogue on me after the update. It was running between 50-75% cpu and I had not used it for a whole day when I found it. You can also use the battery manager to track down apps that are doing this. The update brought us an expanded explanation of battery usage. It shows how much an app used, and for most of them it shows how much data it used in the foreground and the background.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks for reply! thats actually the first thing i did... i have 8 apps in the task manager all of them use 0%... Under the battery manager the most usage is on display 38% and voice calls 20% (i just made three calls) the rest is the usual Android OS stuff... 2%. I honestly did not notice any improvements with this update... i still have to swipe my finger couple of times until the reader will recognize it, i also never had voice quality problems so can not comment on that... still have occasional touch screen unresponsiveness, and sometimes have to press the on/off button to get rid of the screen glitches.... i dunno.... overall i am happy with the phone. but would REALLY prefer ATT to activate HSUPA speed instead of this useless update (to me at least..)

Last edited:

unw1red

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Immediately after applying the update, and the phone rebooting, the finger swipe would not recognize that I was swiping my finger. Eventually, I had to resort to keying in my PIN.

plasticglock

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It's really unusual how this update seems to be affecting everyone differently. I never ran the fingerprint scanner before the update because i knew about the issues, but it's working very well. My battery life is up to where I expect, with no problems making it through the day anymore. The phone actually get cold now. Before it was always at least a little warm. My phone had absolutely no mods on it before, I wonder if that is why it worked right for me? For those having problems please post up what mods (root, webtop, adeo, etc) were on your phone before the update. Also if you were rooted what method was used.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
i just chatted with motorola tech support, unfortunately the update is not reversable, so they suggested i'd do a system wipe.. thats what i am doing right now... its just crazy how my battery went down to 30% in less than 10 hours with minimal use... prior to update i used to get 12 - 14 hours before it hit 30% and thats with playing games on it and surfing the web....

scollins

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I didn't really want to update due to the fact that my phone seemed to work perfectly in all ways. No crashes, no freezes, great battery life and super fast, even the fingerprint reader was great.
I got tired of the nagging and decided to update and all of the above is still true EXCEPT for battery life. I am still testing, but so far it appears I'm losing about 10% in about 50 minutes of NO use.
Not good - wish I wouldn't have updated.
scollins

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I updated.after having to reflash my phone. It was a pain. Luckily im still rooted update is better with fingerprint reader. I use to have to swipe 2-3 times to open now it opens with one. Im happy. What I hate is I lost all apps due to flashing. I thought marketplace would keep my apps stored like itunes. Guess not.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I updated.after having to reflash my phone. It was a pain. Luckily im still rooted update is better with fingerprint reader. I use to have to swipe 2-3 times to open now it opens with one. Im happy. What I hate is I lost all apps due to flashing. I thought marketplace would keep my apps stored like itunes. Guess not.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
i use AppBrain to remember the ones i had... although you have to install them manually again, sometimes i don't remember the ones i downloaded (free as the paid ones stay in 'My Apps' in the market).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy