Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 143
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default Atrix Update: Version 4.1.57 ......

    So some of you probably already know that Motorola is pushing out an a 17MB fix for some issues. They are:

    -Bluetooth Improved multimedia experience with Bluetooth devices as well as the ability to use phone with additional headsets
    -Fingerprint reader Improved fingerprint reader performance
    -Battery Improved battery performance for longer battery life
    -Screen Display will turn off automatically now while charging directly on wall charger
    -Phone stability Improved stability resulting in fewer occurrences of touch unresponsiveness and/or programs quitting unexpectedly.
    -Car dock Improved performance of car dock and 3.5mm Jack

    I cant say personally that I have had an issues with either addressed cliffnote. But I will say that once running, everything seems more on point and snappier. This will be a nice fix for people that are having issues with any of these features.

    Once AT&T pushes out that fix for the HSUPA, thats when its really going down!

    NOTE: Keep in mind, when this update gets pushed out, You can be non rooted or rooted and it will download for you. If you have "Moded" your phone in anyway, it wont work. Such as deleting sytem applications, altering Motorola files or even doing specific hacks like the "Webtop Hack". Now I did the webtop hack on my rooted Atrix. And even though the directions said to do an ADB push of a code to return it back to stock, it did but apparently kept something in the system altered. So I dont recommend doing that. If you do, You will have to flash the sbf. file for the Atrix back on your phone to bring it to complete stock. And just erasing the phone and doing a soft reset will not fix the problem. Just keep all of that in mind. If your rooted, ok. If your rooted and have loaded other roms or have done custom hacks, This update will NOT download for you.

    Thank you. Ill be here all week. Besure to tip your waitress
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default

    hmmm... wonder when they'll fix the notification issue when using corporate sync.....
  3. #3  
    jd914's Avatar

    Posts
    789 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,361 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertDroid View Post
    hmmm... wonder when they'll fix the notification issue when using corporate sync.....
    That's something they need to address ASAP.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    They also need to address the connection issues, making the keys on the OEM keyboard Wider, WIFI goes out of range not to far from the router and its extremely irratating at times. But I will confirm, when this update is pushed out the phone is a lot more smoother. You will notice it when scrolling through your contacts and apps also. Silky smoother :P
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  5. #5  
    Duvi's Avatar

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,869 Global Posts

    Arrow

    I'm enjoying the update. I did do the webtop hack and it installed fine, but did take a long time to start up after the update finished installing. seemed like it rebooted twice and that may have been the reason why.

    Things I am noticing already:

    • swype keyboard seems to be more accurate.
    • device is snappier even though i already thought it was snappy enough.
    • the phone rotates all too easy now... it's faster going into landscape and then back.
    • fingerprint scanner has improved. it was great until i installed widgetlocker, but now it seems to be playing nicely with it.


    Great update... I didn't root and yes, the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine still works =)
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
  6. #6  
    Duvi's Avatar

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,869 Global Posts

    Default

    also... i can't say the battery has improved as i started using two more widgets and also was messing with the brightness (increasing it) early. Also, this is actually the new battery i received yesterday which i still need to calibrate. i'll probably run more tests later (after calibration) to see if i notice any differences.
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    So some of you probably already know that Motorola is pushing out an a 17MB fix for some issues. They are:

    -Bluetooth Improved multimedia experience with Bluetooth devices as well as the ability to use phone with additional headsets
    -Fingerprint reader Improved fingerprint reader performance
    -Battery Improved battery performance for longer battery life
    -Screen Display will turn off automatically now while charging directly on wall charger
    -Phone stability Improved stability resulting in fewer occurrences of touch unresponsiveness and/or programs quitting unexpectedly.
    -Car dock Improved performance of car dock and 3.5mm Jack

    I cant say personally that I have had an issues with either addressed cliffnote. But I will say that once running, everything seems more on point and snappier. This will be a nice fix for people that are having issues with any of these features.

    Once AT&T pushes out that fix for the HSUPA, thats when its really going down!

    NOTE: Keep in mind, when this update gets pushed out, You can be non rooted or rooted and it will download for you. If you have "Moded" your phone in anyway, it wont work. Such as deleting sytem applications, altering Motorola files or even doing specific hacks like the "Webtop Hack". Now I did the webtop hack on my rooted Atrix. And even though the directions said to do an ADB push of a code to return it back to stock, it did but apparently kept something in the system altered. So I dont recommend doing that. If you do, You will have to flash the sbf. file for the Atrix back on your phone to bring it to complete stock. And just erasing the phone and doing a soft reset will not fix the problem. Just keep all of that in mind. If your rooted, ok. If your rooted and have loaded other roms or have done custom hacks, This update will NOT download for you.

    Thank you. Ill be here all week. Besure to tip your waitress
    Will deleting the bloatware that came with the phone, such as AT&T Navigation, Codescanner,Tv, Myat&t, blockbuster, NFS Shift and others, not including any of the motoblur stuff that needs rooting to remove, affect the elegibility of receiving the upgrade?
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    I'm enjoying the update. I did do the webtop hack and it installed fine, but did take a long time to start up after the update finished installing. seemed like it rebooted twice and that may have been the reason why.

    Things I am noticing already:

    • swype keyboard seems to be more accurate.
    • device is snappier even though i already thought it was snappy enough.
    • the phone rotates all too easy now... it's faster going into landscape and then back.
    • fingerprint scanner has improved. it was great until i installed widgetlocker, but now it seems to be playing nicely with it.


    Great update... I didn't root and yes, the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine still works =)

    so the webtop hack doesn't affect the update? i really don't want to go through the process trying to fix this. So i hope this is true. also rooted devices can stay rooted?
  9. #9  
    Duvi's Avatar

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,869 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waltercln View Post
    so the webtop hack doesn't affect the update? i really don't want to go through the process trying to fix this. So i hope this is true. also rooted devices can stay rooted?
    it worked for me, but i'd listen to Terrigno and put it back to normal.

    i'm seeing a lot of issues on the moto forums, rooters and webtop hackers that have been running into these issues.

    it's good to be safe than sorry.
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantastic View Post
    Will deleting the bloatware that came with the phone, such as AT&T Navigation, Codescanner,Tv, Myat&t, blockbuster, NFS Shift and others, not including any of the motoblur stuff that needs rooting to remove, affect the elegibility of receiving the upgrade?
    No. I had it uninstalled and I didn't have a problem.

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    it worked for me, but i'd listen to Terrigno and put it back to normal.

    i'm seeing a lot of issues on the moto forums, rooters and webtop hackers that have been running into these issues.

    it's good to be safe than sorry.
    that sucks, is this the correct way?

    "If you do, You will have to flash the sbf. file for the Atrix back on your phone to bring it to complete stock."

    i have no idea where to start with that, very new to droid.
  12. #12  
    Duvi's Avatar

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,869 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waltercln View Post
    that sucks, is this the correct way?

    "If you do, You will have to flash the sbf. file for the Atrix back on your phone to bring it to complete stock."

    i have no idea where to start with that, very new to droid.
    i never rooted my atrix. and with the n1, there wasn't a way to fully revert back. hopefully T is back to answer your questions shortly.

    the main issue is going completely stock... that is the main concern IMO.

    meanwhile, i'll try to find some literature on reverting back.
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    Well honestly guys, It was the first time I ever flashed an sbf to my phone. First time ever doing it, and it was REALLY easy. XDA has the instructions. You just download the SBF file, a Moto program and the instructions tell you what to do. And I had 80% battery. It really wasnt hard at all, it was quick and simple and restored the phone completely back to when I first got it brand new. I only did this because I did a factory reset and thought that would fix the problem for the update to work, and it didnt. After 6 attempts, I flashed the file and was good to go with no problems.

    Duvi, Im suprised you had the webtop hack, reverted back and it still worked for you. Im only thinking that was the issue. But then again, I noticed when I flashed the phone, apps showed up from Motorola that I had deleted and completely forgot about. Im not doing that anymore, IM just going to freeze them now. That was a lesson learned for me.

    EDIT noticed. I had my phone off the charger today at 9:30am and almost 12 hours later, the battery is at 40%. And I did a lot on the phone today, plus I have a live wallpaper from Beautiful Widgets. Now that seems more improved also with this update.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Well honestly guys, It was the first time I ever flashed an sbf to my phone. First time ever doing it, and it was REALLY easy. XDA has the instructions. You just download the SBF file, a Moto program and the instructions tell you what to do. And I had 80% battery. It really wasnt hard at all, it was quick and simple and restored the phone completely back to when I first got it brand new. I only did this because I did a factory reset and thought that would fix the problem for the update to work, and it didnt. After 6 attempts, I flashed the file and was good to go with no problems.

    Duvi, Im suprised you had the webtop hack, reverted back and it still worked for you. Im only thinking that was the issue. But then again, I noticed when I flashed the phone, apps showed up from Motorola that I had deleted and completely forgot about. Im not doing that anymore, IM just going to freeze them now. That was a lesson learned for me.

    EDIT noticed. I had my phone off the charger today at 9:30am and almost 12 hours later, the battery is at 40%. And I did a lot on the phone today, plus I have a live wallpaper from Beautiful Widgets. Now that seems more improved also with this update.
    do you have that thread handy, when the update comes im going to have to do this.

    edit: i found the link, and to be honest i think i'll stay away from all that. I'm just not confident enough, i rather unroot and since a member has no problems then i'll try that. If not i'll just call att and act super dumb like i dont know whats going on and why i cant update.
    Last edited by waltercln; 03-26-2011 at 10:05 PM.
  15. #15  
    filmusikat's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBlur on 1.5.7

    Default

    Yay. All my questions have been answered here. I will be trying this when I get home tonight. thank u terrigno!

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waltercln View Post
    do you have that thread handy, when the update comes im going to have to do this.

    edit: i found the link, and to be honest i think i'll stay away from all that. I'm just not confident enough, i rather unroot and since a member has no problems then i'll try that. If not i'll just call att and act super dumb like i dont know whats going on and why i cant update.
    It was 6 attempts on trying the update, not the actual flashing of the sbf file. That was really easy. Just pluged it in, hit start and it was off. 10 minutes later, My phone was rebooted back to original. Loaded my motoBlur acount, checked system updates and got the update. Downloaded and it installed perfectly. Its really not hard to do at all.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by filmusikat View Post
    Yay. All my questions have been answered here. I will be trying this when I get home tonight. thank u terrigno!

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    No problem bud. If you run into anything, let me know by PM and ill try to help you out. Hope you get it rolling! The more we do with our phones and risk sometimes, we end up learning that way. Normally you can recover form a total brick. I dont recommend anything extreme though unless anyone is really confident on doing it. But this right here is easier then other things ive been through in the life of Android
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  18. #18  
    kid108's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

    Default

    Ok, I have a noob question? First Android Phone, will it notify me when the update arrives?
    " In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. " Albert Einstein.
  19. #19  
    Duvi's Avatar

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,869 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kid108 View Post
    Ok, I have a noob question? First Android Phone, will it notify me when the update arrives?
    yes, it will. you can also just check androidcentral.com's blogs... when it's publicly available, it'll be there.

    if you're in the pre-release beta, than you can go into: settings > about phone > system updates

    you can also do this when the update is available to the public.
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
  20. #20  
    prothos's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default

    i installed the update and it unrooted my phone. now im not able to root uring onclick or aroot. non of my apps that reqiure root funtion till this cam be resolved.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    It looks like as of right now you cant root. This should eventually be fixed by our friends at XDA. The update is good though. Makes the phone a lot snappier I think.

    Sent from my Dual Core Beast Atrix using Tapatalk
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  22. #22  
    sfaircsprop's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default

    Please forgive me I am new to android How do I know if I got the update thank you
  23. #23  

    Default

    The update is in the beta stages right now. If you didn't get selected by them (after signing up) you won't have it until it goes public (at some point in the future).
  24. #24  

    Default

    Wow, what everybody is saying is true, way snappier
    , better touch response and the fingerprint scanner is spot on. You all should be excited for this one
    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    Yes Sir! If you have Facebook linked to MotoBlur, Go in your contacts and pull that display up. ANd scroll and watch how quick and on point it is. I noticed that right away after the update.

    Then when HSUPA comes to us, we will all hopefully be very pleased!
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions