Stuck on the Edge network, after updating?

Milkman333

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as I write. My phone seems like its in stuck mode and I have the explanation sign on my bar and asking for a WiFi connection but not updating....

BTW... Nick I tried already removing the battery, no luck...

Anyone else having this problem?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
LOL. When I read this...I thought I was back in Crackberry for a second!:p

hahahahha. You can see where I came from right? :p

I'm having the same issue as I write. My phone seems like its in stuck mode and I have the explanation sign on my bar and asking for a WiFi connection but not updating....

BTW... Nick I tried already removing the battery, no luck...

Anyone else having this problem?

You said the explanation point is in your status bar? What happens when you click it? Did you put your wifi information in for it to connect?

Vic Nebulous

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem after I installed the update yesterday morning. I was on the Edge network most of the day (while at my office in Houston) and on my drive home it finally switched back to the HSDPA network.

Noob question -- how do you tell? Is it the presence of the "E" vs. "H" up top? If so, I'm now on E after the update.

Vic Nebulous

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, E=Edge, H=3G. On my phone, I"ve never seen the E unless I forced the phone into 2G.

Well, it's back to H+ now. I did nothing. It's always switched over to E now and then, not that I notice it much, but I think that's more an issue of what's available at the time/place.

Milkman333

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Update! Prob fixed!

So after finally having time from work, I went to my local AT&T store and told them what my problem was.

I also had the triangle square with explanation point telling me to connect to a WiFi network....

So the sales person takes it to the back and within 5 minutes has my update installing. WTF?! I turned on my WiFi and everything!?

WTH was I doing wrong???!!!

Bottom line... it's fixed and updated!

aussieindy#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Edge

I updated this morning while at work. I'm still showing "E" when i used to show "H+".

Hopefully it will change on the drive home. I'm on the central gulf-coast of FL.

braluk

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't have 4g but I do have a dell streak with at&t that had this problem intermittently in my home, where I usually get 3g, but instead kept picking up edge, and only went back to H+ or 3G when I was in a different part of town. The way I fixed this was forcing it to use WCDMA. In your network settings, under network settings, it's set at a default of WCDMA/GSM auto. For whatever reason it kept choosing GSM (Edge speeds) so I changed it to WCDMA only so theres no band switching. It also saves your battery from not having to constantly scan and compare speeds between the two bands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12