1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Red face Update bricked my Atrix! - Edit: False Alarm, It Did Not!

So about half an hour ago I checked my phone to see if I had any texts and saw this alert from Motorola notifying me about an update. I clicked OK, download and install and then went about my business. 5 minutes ago I tried to check the status and the screen had gone blank ... I thought it must have switched off so I tried to turn it on - nothing! Tried holding down the power button for an extended period of time - nothing! Looks like the update done bricked my Atrix!

Any other suggestions besides taking it to an AT&T store next thing tomorrow morning?
    Last edited by different2une; 03-30-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: not accurate title

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Did you do a battery pull?

now you're making me nervous as i'm staring at my update progress
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thumbs up False alarm guys! *phew*

I swear it did nothing when I tried the battery pull method the first time around. But I said what the hell and gave it a try again a few minutes ago and this time it worked!! yay!

Everything appears to be running normally as far as I can tell.

i'm glad you didn't end up bricking. my update went smoothly as well.

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts

Why do people feel the need to yell bricking before attempting to resolve the issue?
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

lol. We all need a little Self Diagnosis. I wont say that wasnt possible because it has happened before with other people who have updated. But dont worry. We have the handy sbf. file if we ever run into that situation. We can flash back to the original factory ROM and redo it over again. It might seem like a pain, but its a learning process. Makes things easier for the next time if it was to happen again. You'll know what to do
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Unlocked & Rooted

Can we get this thread renamed, since it's a completely false statement?

Or better yet, just delete the thread!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Can I do either of these (delete or rename)? Or will the mods have to do that? Apologies again for the false alarm ... I panicked!!
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

A forum mod has to do it. I dont have the power to lol
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Just hit the edit button on your post, then hit "Go Advanced" and edit the title
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:

No my phone did not work at all! I get the download and then the install and on the reboot White Triangle with Exclamation and thats all. I pull battery and it will reboot back into the 4.1.2.6. I cannot get the 4.1.5.7 on. I have tried 6 times all the with same results.

Unhappy Don't want to cry "BRICK" quite yet..

Well, 3 out of 4 of our Atrix phones updated without a hitch. My husband didn't read the "battery fully charged" note and just clicked the update button on a 10% battery. The update seized and is giving us a "failed to boot 2" message with added note "starting RSD mode". I used my battery at 90% [plus plugged in] to try to reboot his... but still just getting same message on the black opening screen [with the M red circle logo/dual core stamp].

I've waited about an hour and put battery in and out twice to attempt reboot.

Any suggestions?

How come when i try to update it has the android guy with a triangle? I'm running Gingerblur...

Quote Originally Posted by Conor18 View Post
    How come when i try to update it has the android guy with a triangle? I'm running Gingerblur...
    Because the update only works on stock 1.4.26 firmware (reportly a rooted 1.4.26 updates ok). But if you have a different ROM (such as Gingerblur) or 1.4.52 or 1.4.51 leaked images, then it won't work. You need to flash back to 1.4.26 before it upgrades to 1.4.57.

Default Re: Update bricked my Atrix! - Edit: False Alarm, It Did Not!

por favor mi atrix me informa "failed to boot 2 starting rsd mode atrix" no se que tengo que hacer a parte de tirarlo a la basura ya que no soy programador ni tengo programas que me ayuden, solo trate de actualizarlo y por lo visto no pude, por favor les suplico, se puede arreglar o no..