Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update - Won't Install

I got the notification this AM for the update, and told it to install, but it stops with the Android and ! in a triangle. A battery pull resets the device, but the update isn't installed. Did this twice now, same results.

The only modification I have is the Webtop hack.

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by mbkeller View Post
    I got the notification this AM for the update, and told it to install, but it stops with the Android and ! in a triangle. A battery pull resets the device, but the update isn't installed. Did this twice now, same results.

The only modification I have is the Webtop hack.
    Same thing here. It has to be the Webtop hack, thats the only thing I have. Is there a way around this?
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

I couldve sworn it was most definitley the webtop hack. I know myself, that was all I had done to the phone. And I even reverted it back to stock weeks before the update. It still wouldnt work after 6 tries of tying to install. When it came down to it, it was some of AT&Ts bloatware files I deleted. Plus Motos file. You know the 'help' file. White questions mark icon with green circle? I deleted that to. I believe by doing that to, is still altering the system.

What I had to do and many others is just reflash the factory sbf. rom. That gives you a completely factory brand new fresh start. Then start from there, and just redo everything all over again. Back up with Nandroid if you really have to back up. But for me I know all the stuff I have in my head. I actually enjoy redoing everything. Makes me feel like Im doing something

Check the Atrix Hacking thread. The link for the sbf with directions is there. Follow to a T. Very simple to do.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
    Thanked by:
    tanda4 

ROM
    Stock

THis sucks!!!!

ROM
    CM7

I'll probably start by restoring factory defaults.

ROM
    CM7

Factory Reset didn't work.

Default Re: Update - Won't Install

Stock 2.2.2 here, except rooting and Webtop mod. OTA update failed for me also. However I was able to update using the Motorola update tool.

ATRIX 4G Software Update Page - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

reflash with RSDLite to 1.57 then do all the OTA updates. thats what I did when I had this prob. (moto update tool didnt work for me but may for some)

Or count your blessings. Gingerbread has so many flaws in it, I almost want to deep six my Atrix 4G. Who knows when there will be a "fix" to GB update.