1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7

Default Is flashing sbf the same as Resetting factory defaults from the phone?

Or is it a separate downloaded file?

Flashing an SBF installs a new firmware image on the phone, overwriting whatever is currently installed. Resetting factory defaults simply resets the current firmware to stock. For example, the current firmware is 1.4.57. If you reset to factory, you are still on that firmware level. If you flash that phone to SBF 1.4.26, then the phone will be downgraded to firmware 1.4.26 from 1.4.57.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by booboo64 View Post
    Flashing an SBF installs a new firmware image on the phone, overwriting whatever is currently installed. Resetting factory defaults simply resets the current firmware to stock. For example, the current firmware is 1.4.57. If you reset to factory, you are still on that firmware level. If you flash that phone to SBF 1.4.26, then the phone will be downgraded to firmware 1.4.26 from 1.4.57.
    Where do I get that file? I'm trying to upgrade to the to the newest software, but I did the webtop hack and it's not letting me.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Right here my friend
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

So does flashing SBF wipe out my internal memory? If not how would i go about doing this?
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

What do you mean by that? Once you flash this file you will lose everything. Its like reinstalling Windows on a Computer and started fresh, GB and Ram and the whole 9 yards.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
    Thanked by:

ohh i get it. thanks.