Can't remove Super User AFTER update.

Painkiller#CB

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I updated my Atrix to 4.1.57 without unrooting my phone first. No mods were installed. Only titanium back up. The update took. But now I'm unable remove Super User from the phone. I tried to unroot using SuperOneClick which I used to root the phone. But it stops at "running psneuter" Is there a way I can remove Super User?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I updated my Atrix to 4.1.57 without unrooting my phone first. No mods were installed. Only titanium back up. The update took. But now I'm unable remove Super User from the phone. I tried to unroot using SuperOneClick which I used to root the phone. But it stops at "running psneuter" Is there a way I can remove Super User?

you need to reroot to remove it

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
They havent figured out Root yet for the new update. One did have it figured out if your rooted originally, then when you update you would still be rooted. But they figured that out after I already updated lol. I dont want to flash back and do all of that. Im sure they will figure out a way to root it in a different way shortly.

Reventrant

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Gingerblur Rom was able to attain root when I installed it before the update, and if you don't want that method here is a thread from XDA about keeping root after the update. Not exactly your issue, but you may see something in there that helps.

XDA Keep Root

Gingerblur

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Once root is figured out for this update, you might have duplicate super user apks. Check with root explorer.

im having the same problem here, that would be really annoying. I hope there is a way to do it, we can use root explore to remove it? although im not familiar with root explore.