Atrix or iPhone

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Having been on many different phones over the years I am wondering if I should dump my iPhone for the Atrix, or wait for the EVO 3D. The Atrix sounds really nice and the battery life has my attention. The main reason I dumped my EVO was the poor battery life and iPhone was so much better at getting me through the day without a charge.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Evo 3D is gonna EAT battery life incredibly. Go with the Atrix. The Battery is the best in its class. A lot of stuff going on and I can have the phone get the the entire day with time left. The phone is the fastest in its class and Moto's on the rise. Ill be ordering my Xoom tommarow :) Really Impressed with the quality comming out of them lately.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Atrix beats the iphone in number of aspects: the replaceable battery, the screen's size and of course the Flash... then the other goodies like UI and widgets and what not... But..... to be honest there is a much better and bigger variety of apps on Iphone, especially games... I must admit when i look at the games on Iphone 4 i get kinda jealous. Now with android devices enhanced with Nvidia chips this of course going to change, But if Iphone had a Flash and replaceable battery I'd probably concider getting it... btw iphone's retina display is so far the best among all smartphones, So it is really for you to decide of what you expect from your phone to do... I personally prefer Atrix for the reasons mentioned above...

Last edited:

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Atrix beats the iphone in number of aspects: the replaceable battery, the screen's size and of course the Flash... then the other goodies like UI and widgets and what not... But..... to be honest there is a much better and bigger variety of apps on Iphone, especially games... I must admit when i look at the games on Iphone 4 i get kinda jealous. Now with android devices enhanced with Nvidia chips this of course going to change, But if Iphone had a Flash and replaceable battery I'd probably concider getting it... btw iphone's retina display is so far the best among all smartphones, So it is really for you to decide of what you expect from your phone to do... I personally prefer Atrix for the reasons mentioned above...

i agree the iphone has great quality apps and display is amazing the one android phones that come close are samsungs with the super amoled displays they are gorgeous unfortunately they suck for updates!

i say go with atrix!

im going to be picking one up this weekend

myarbro

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do the Atrix. All of my friends that are Iphone 4 users and that have played with my Atrix aredead set on joining the wonderful world of Android.

And like the others said, the battery on the Atrix is best in it's class.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mlewis2700

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Keep your iPhone (if you have the 4) The Atrix is nice but.... The Atrix still has some issues... At least mine does. Skype doesn't work for calling (the main reason I bought the darn thing) and many of the apps i've tried don't quite equal there IOS counterparts...

MaddSkillz

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Came from an iPhone to the Atrix and am not looking back. I can't stand iTunes and it's over-complication of simple tasks and if you have an iPhone you must use iTunes. I just got so tired of the control Apple wants to have over the iPhone. It was really frustrating.

Open source FTW!

On top of that, the Atrix is just a really great phone and I'm loving the Android OS.

DesertDroid

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I came from an old Iphone 3 (over 2 years of use) to the Atrix. My main complaints on the Atrix are (and this is for business use, not personal):
1. Battery: can only make it to 2:00PM before it has to hit the charger.
2. Notifications when using corporate sync for email don't work, work sometimes, etc.
3. The native voicemail manager on the Iphone is far superior. I was shocked that with the Atrix you actually have to call in to your voicemail old-school-style and use the numbered keypad to navigate through ATT's system. I did install Google Voice and it works well but the native method that comes with the Atrix stinks.

kid108

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Like I've said in other posts, weigh in the pros and cons and then make a decision on what fits you in daily usage. As for me, I'm loving the open source aspect with Android. I'm not the type person thats going to download all the apps in the market and more like download the things that I need in daily use. Throw in some awesome Tegra Zone games and I'm set.

burkett

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same choice predicament

A couple of weeks back I had the same decision point of picking up the iPhone 4 (knowing that the iPhone 5 will be out this summer) or an "Android" device....coming from the Blackberry Torch.

I was amazed that when I asked AT&T reps at three different store of Android device vs iPhone I received 100% Android response.

I have to admit I was not totally impressed with the design at first (compared to the Samsungs and some HTCs out there).

But now....TOTALLY LOVE IT!!! It's simply a cool, well-sized device. The integration of work, personal (social included)...not to mention the immense Android [and other] Market. There are features I have not even dug through as yet. That in itself is what still hold the intrigue for me

I have an iPod Touch and now find myself no longer in like with its icons and GUIs (likethe iPhone's).

One last thing....the fingerprint reader totally compliment my way of logging in to my mobile devices like my ThinkPad (Sorry but the laptop dock cannot hold a flame to my Pad)

No device is perfect ...but this one is close...for me!

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've used I phones alot never owned one but still used it enough to know about it.It is a great phone and all,but you just can't customize as much as I would like.The apps are awsome though.
Atrix of course is dual core and bigger screen so I preffer it more.

kid108

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
A couple of weeks back I had the same decision point of picking up the iPhone 4 (knowing that the iPhone 5 will be out this summer) or an "Android" device....coming from the Blackberry Torch.

I was amazed that when I asked AT&T reps at three different store of Android device vs iPhone I received 100% Android response.

I have to admit I was not totally impressed with the design at first (compared to the Samsungs and some HTCs out there).

But now....TOTALLY LOVE IT!!! It's simply a cool, well-sized device. The integration of work, personal (social included)...not to mention the immense Android [and other] Market. There are features I have not even dug through as yet. That in itself is what still hold the intrigue for me

I have an iPod Touch and now find myself no longer in like with its icons and GUIs (likethe iPhone's).

One last thing....the fingerprint reader totally compliment my way of logging in to my mobile devices like my ThinkPad (Sorry but the laptop dock cannot hold a flame to my Pad)

No device is perfect ...but this one is close...for me!

I agree with what you said about IOS. I'm Not a fanboy but I have to say, I find Android more attractive than IOS. I also have an IPOD touch 4th gen and I thought it was going to sell me on purchasing an Iphone 4 but it got stail really quick. Don't get me wrong, its an awesome device but I use it only for music now.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
if it's between the EVO 3D and atrix... i'd go atrix. in fact, i'd pick the atrix over any phone that's out on the U.S. carriers.

i can't put this device down... and this is the first time i took the time out to do some customization to my device. i normally never find time to.

anon(258125)

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have always contended that the iPhone's simple OS has been designed to be idiot proof . . . so keeping that in mind I've avoided it for years. I am not an idiot.
Also I've been using Windows since before it was called Windows, (back in the old days there was a pre-cursor to windows that ran in MS DOS called the MS DOS shell, but I digress) and iphone doesn't play well with Outlook.
WP7 is still young, so I am switching to Android next week and diving into the Atrix. If it syncs with my PC as effortlessly as advertised I may never leave.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Atrix has a faster processor, replaceable battery, finger print scanner, 1GB of RAM (thats Computer specs worthy) 16GB of internal storage plus up to an additional 32GB with the microSD slot. Thats a lot of space. Basically what Im saying is this.....

Owning the Iphone is like living in a jail cell. Your locked in to only whats availible. You could escape (jailbreak) but its risky and takes time to do. Plus you still be somewhat contained (You escaped jail, but there looking for you and your in a world of deeep ISH! lol)

Then theres Android. You live in the Open world looking at other people walking around and talking. Your able to minipulate people (Root) pretty easily (since your not locked down and feeling nervious of lying to the guards). The world opens up then and you have a lot of possibilites by freely owning everything you have. Whats yours is YOURS! And everything is Open, yup, even dragging and dropping mp3s into folders on our phone instead of going through the one stop shop to do everything.

Thank you.......Thank you! Ill be here all week! :)

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Then theres Android. You live in the Open world

It?s interesting, coming from a Palm Pre I don?t see it quite so rosy. I see endless discussions about locked this and signed that. Will this update be available for this, will that company disable that.

Don?t get me wrong, Android is better than Apple (imo,) I am enjoying my new Xoom and plan to jump on a Bionic as soon as it releases, but Android has its ?big brother? issues too.

-Suntan

UpAndAway

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Android has its “big brother” issues too.
True, but Andriod's "big brother" issues come from Motorola, not Google. Android is sufficiently open that it allows phone manufacturers the choice of leaving it open or closing it up (partially, as with the Atrix). Android is not closed by design.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
True, but Andriod's "big brother" issues come from Motorola, not Google. Android is sufficiently open that it allows phone manufacturers the choice of leaving it open or closing it up (partially, as with the Atrix). Android is not closed by design.
Not to mention HTC, they lock their phones too. They just haven't started locking them tight yet. And the carriers who neuter features from the OS.

Android could have in my opinion, turned out a lot better for consumers under the GPL than Apache, but Google was too afraid of scaring off developers.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I wasn?t singling out Android, so much as commenting on the android phones overall (we can?t all get a nexus) which by and large have this baggage due to the makers and carriers. At the end of the day it?s still something to take into consideration. We aren?t just buying an OS here, but the phone overall.

And Google has been making grumblings about wanting more say in how the OS is used. They aren?t completely hands off here. No, they are no where near the level of Apple with its obsession, but both companies are claiming their actions are for the greater good?

-Suntan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay