Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Default SPB Shell 3D Launcher

As seen on the homepage. $15 is crazy. But Im a chump and bought it anyway. AMAZING! This Launcher looks extremely good on the Atrix. Really Smooth UI and makes the phone seem like a different phone. Im sure with more updates from them, they will add more widgets and stuff to it. Since its new I can expect that. But man, the UI is so smooth that its worth the money. You guys should check it out.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
    Thanked by 2:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I have been going back and forth debating with myself if I should buy it or not. $15 is a little steep for a launcher but it looks really cool. I sent an email earlier to the developer telling him to lower the price and he would sell a ton more. But after your suggestion I my just have to go ahead and buy it.

What Widgets are offered in the launcher?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I really love the idea but i don't want to pay 15 then not like it. Also i would like to know how the battery life takes a hit here, terrigno can you update us in a few days of use?

I'm really tempted to dive in, but i rather wait to see how it is right now.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Will do ill let you know how it works out. At least it can bill my account. But for now its sweet!!!

Sent from my Dual Core Beast Atrix using Tapatalk
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Are you able to use other Widgets like Pandora on the launcher? And can you change the icons on the bottom dock?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

I'm giving it a shot. I will play with it through the weekend before I give any thoughts to it.

First Impression: WOW this is awesome.

Widgets can be used in this. Just as easy as it would be normally.
    To get rid of home screen, just go to the carousel view i swipe it down.
    It feels like this can be something that can really be on a phone from a manufacture.

More to come.
    Last edited by BazzBro; 03-30-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Dude2 

Just bought it. Going to try it out now

Global Posts
    10,408 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

If it ever gets a good FB or Twitter integration, I may consider. I love the weather page, and it does look nice. I am just to happy with rooted GB and gingerblur right now. Once that wears off (not sure that will happen soon) I will re visit. These devs made a great alternative to what is allready out there. Looks like a lot of eye candy! ~tempted

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

I will keeping my eye on this thread mainly because I really liked the overall effect it gave. I have a feeling if there's not to much of a battery hit I'll be buying this.

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

I like just being able to have the FB and Twitter widgets. I can put it on their own page and name that page or tile. There's alot with this app. The weather application has a very detailed report for the current weather, the day (listing morning, day, and night forcasts) and then the next 3 days all in one page.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Dude2 

I ended up going back to Launcher Pro
    Thanked by:
    Dude2 

I have it for my inspire and it is amazing

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
    Thanked by:
    Dude2 

Straight awesomeness!

The only thing that I'm not liking about it is how it locks the icons to a grid
    Thanked by:
    Dude2 

I'd be willing to buy it if someone could answer me one simple question.

I have an HTC Thunderbolt. The Bolt comes with 7 different themes. I created one of my own and set it up the way I like.

Can I use SPB Shell 3D on one of those scenes, just to play around with it. Then when I switch to another seen it'n not in use?

I do not think so. You can use yoir background. But it should switch back to the basic scene for the unlock screen.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm installing it now and will give it a try. I'll report back after I have had time to play with it on my Atrix.
    -Corey

i downloaded it on applanet just to try it out for a day to see if i wanted to buy it and its amazing, i didn't notice any significant drain on my battery but iv'e already uninstalled and buying it right now
    Thanked by:
    Dude2 

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Yeah my Battery is at 60% after 11hr 48min and the Launcher has only used 2% of my battery. I'm still customizing it to see what I like. I like how folders are set up. You see the first 4 app that are used the most and the rest open up below it.

Apps are organized like iPhone still where it grid locks together and can have open spaces between them. Its annoying but its good to know the space you have for widgets and apps. But its easy to move apps around to move a widget or apps move automatically. Sadly, there isn't an option to resize widgets. Hopefully that gets put in an update.

Quote Originally Posted by BazzBro View Post
    Yeah my Battery is at 60% after 11hr 48min and the Launcher has only used 2% of my battery. I'm still customizing it to see what I like. I like how folders are set up. You see the first 4 app that are used the most and the rest open up below it.

Apps are organized like iPhone still where it grid locks together and can have open spaces between them. Its annoying but its good to know the space you have for widgets and apps. But its easy to move apps around to move a widget or apps move automatically. Sadly, there isn't an option to resize widgets. Hopefully that gets put in an update.
    in that case i just might get it, 2% is nothing.

does anyone know if it has a gmail/email widget? or if it will be getting one? im liking the launcherpro gmail widget right now and dont wanna leave it.

I want to know if anyone has tried this on a TBolt? Their descriptions reads "HTC Thunderbolt users: there is a chance of black screen on app launch. If you still decide to give it a shot, please contact support in case of any problems."

IM a newbie to android so i know theres a lot to learn so im really thankful to you guys that take the time to answer people questions. So i have a few myself first i came from an iphone so i assume that "rooted" is like "jailbroken" and if so how can you get gingerblur on the atrix is that a hacked version of gingerbread? can anyone put a screenshot to see how it looks pls?

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Puterguru View Post
    I want to know if anyone has tried this on a TBolt? Their descriptions reads "HTC Thunderbolt users: there is a chance of black screen on app launch. If you still decide to give it a shot, please contact support in case of any problems."
    It happened with my Atrix too. It only last for the first 10 seconds and then never happens again.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Dude2 

yah, i tried it on my tbolt....it did come up with a black screen and after 2 second go back to htc sense....wiered...i love sense though so i just forgot about it....if you find out how to make it work...tell me...
    Thanked by:
    Dude2 

Global Posts
    10,408 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOX2 View Post
    yah, i tried it on my tbolt....it did come up with a black screen and after 2 second go back to htc sense....wiered...i love sense though so i just forgot about it....if you find out how to make it work...tell me...
    Email the dev. I was pissed at google putting restrictions on ASOP, but with this, I understand it may be the only way they survive.

I've been using SPB shell since version 2 for winmo 6.5 and earlier, and paid $30 bucks, and a discount with every upgrade. I will be buying my Atrix very soon and the first app I'll buy is SPB Shell 3D.

After looking it over I noticed that the weather and clock widgets used to be separate apps that I have also bought for my phones in the past, back in the days before app stores or even iphones. Now they are integrated into the new shell along with a very well put together contacts widget among other great stuff. It's like getting multiple items in one package. I'm gonna see if a life long (spb life that is) customer might get a break. Doubtful, but worth a shot.

Hopefully they'll be adding SPB wallet to Android soon, another must-have app.
    Last edited by menzoom; 04-01-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: typo
    Thanked by:
    Dude2 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast