SPB Shell 3D Launcher

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
As seen on the homepage. $15 is crazy. But Im a chump and bought it anyway. AMAZING! This Launcher looks extremely good on the Atrix. Really Smooth UI and makes the phone seem like a different phone. Im sure with more updates from them, they will add more widgets and stuff to it. Since its new I can expect that. But man, the UI is so smooth that its worth the money. You guys should check it out.

Reactions: Dude2 and coreymcl

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been going back and forth debating with myself if I should buy it or not. $15 is a little steep for a launcher but it looks really cool. I sent an email earlier to the developer telling him to lower the price and he would sell a ton more. But after your suggestion I my just have to go ahead and buy it.

What Widgets are offered in the launcher?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I really love the idea but i don't want to pay 15 then not like it. Also i would like to know how the battery life takes a hit here, terrigno can you update us in a few days of use?

I'm really tempted to dive in, but i rather wait to see how it is right now.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Will do ill let you know how it works out. At least it can bill my account. But for now its sweet!!!

Sent from my Dual Core Beast Atrix using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Are you able to use other Widgets like Pandora on the launcher? And can you change the icons on the bottom dock?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving it a shot. I will play with it through the weekend before I give any thoughts to it.

First Impression: WOW this is awesome.

Widgets can be used in this. Just as easy as it would be normally.
To get rid of home screen, just go to the carousel view i swipe it down.
It feels like this can be something that can really be on a phone from a manufacture.

More to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dude2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If it ever gets a good FB or Twitter integration, I may consider. I love the weather page, and it does look nice. I am just to happy with rooted GB and gingerblur right now. Once that wears off (not sure that will happen soon) I will re visit. These devs made a great alternative to what is allready out there. Looks like a lot of eye candy! ~tempted

dcjr99

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I will keeping my eye on this thread mainly because I really liked the overall effect it gave. I have a feeling if there's not to much of a battery hit I'll be buying this.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I like just being able to have the FB and Twitter widgets. I can put it on their own page and name that page or tile. There's alot with this app. The weather application has a very detailed report for the current weather, the day (listing morning, day, and night forcasts) and then the next 3 days all in one page.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd be willing to buy it if someone could answer me one simple question.

I have an HTC Thunderbolt. The Bolt comes with 7 different themes. I created one of my own and set it up the way I like.

Can I use SPB Shell 3D on one of those scenes, just to play around with it. Then when I switch to another seen it'n not in use?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I do not think so. You can use yoir background. But it should switch back to the basic scene for the unlock screen.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

cordell507

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded it on applanet just to try it out for a day to see if i wanted to buy it and its amazing, i didn't notice any significant drain on my battery but iv'e already uninstalled and buying it right now

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my Battery is at 60% after 11hr 48min and the Launcher has only used 2% of my battery. I'm still customizing it to see what I like. I like how folders are set up. You see the first 4 app that are used the most and the rest open up below it.

Apps are organized like iPhone still where it grid locks together and can have open spaces between them. Its annoying but its good to know the space you have for widgets and apps. But its easy to move apps around to move a widget or apps move automatically. Sadly, there isn't an option to resize widgets. Hopefully that gets put in an update.

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my Battery is at 60% after 11hr 48min and the Launcher has only used 2% of my battery. I'm still customizing it to see what I like. I like how folders are set up. You see the first 4 app that are used the most and the rest open up below it.

Apps are organized like iPhone still where it grid locks together and can have open spaces between them. Its annoying but its good to know the space you have for widgets and apps. But its easy to move apps around to move a widget or apps move automatically. Sadly, there isn't an option to resize widgets. Hopefully that gets put in an update.

in that case i just might get it, 2% is nothing.

does anyone know if it has a gmail/email widget? or if it will be getting one? im liking the launcherpro gmail widget right now and dont wanna leave it.

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I want to know if anyone has tried this on a TBolt? Their descriptions reads "HTC Thunderbolt users: there is a chance of black screen on app launch. If you still decide to give it a shot, please contact support in case of any problems."