any best buy phone people here?

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Im going to try to exchange my phone today. I was wondering what sill best buy do to look over my phone. Im the one who was a few water spots left in my screen, but that's not the reason for the exchange. The water damage dot inside the phone is still white, but as long as the screen isn't on a white page you cannot see the water spots

My fingerprint scanner no longer works, and when I call people they cannot hear me for the first 5 seconds. Plus they are always saying I sound muffled.
Will they check for root? How well sill they look it over?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
it depends i buy most of my on contract phones at best buy because the local one is great but some people have just made sure it turned on and the screen works ive seen others look for water indicators and damage it will depend on who you get.

thaking83

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I bricked my phone. It was rooted, running adryn's sc before it died. They sent it in and gave me a new one because out was un-fixable. So I guess its just depending on who it is and how close they wanna look. I got lucky.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I win I win!!!!!! He never noticed the water spots and the broken fingerprint scanner sealed the deal! He said he's never sold one and didn't know squat about it!!!! Ignorance is bliss.

rewd

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I actually did water damage my phone and was able to exchange it. :) Actually, it was a Vodka/Iced Tea that damaged it but somehow the water indicator never turned pink. The phones complete inability to boot up secured me a new one. :)

Gotta exchange that one though, cause it keeps losing it's data connections. ugh.

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought the defender otterbox to look out for the new phone. This one feels smoother than the original. Both were rooted.

The guy at best buy kept pushing a monthly insurance plan with automatic withdrawal from my bank account. I passed. Has anyone had a best buy rep. Push a$10 a month insurance plan?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
they always push stuff they have to (worked then years ago when i was younger) the managers hound them to sell sell sell and they dont even get comission but i always pass best buy gets enough of my money im a premier silver reward zone member i never bother with their plans because i take care of all my stuff by them time it breaks there something new out :D

ricky99797

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually did water damage my phone and was able to exchange it. :) Actually, it was a Vodka/Iced Tea that damaged it but somehow the water indicator never turned pink. The phones complete inability to boot up secured me a new one. :)

Gotta exchange that one though, cause it keeps losing it's data connections. ugh.

same happened with my old blackberry curve, spilt vitamen water on it and no water damage showed but the phone stopped working, best buy gave me a new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci