Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No notification to update

I have not been able to update....It keeps telling me unable to connect with the server. Have not done anything to phone since purchase, except switched to Launcher Pro. Only thing is motoblur is not working, because the ATT rep put in some wrong passcode for me, and despite switching it online, it won't let me sign in. The Moto rep said the only way to cure this is to go back to factory settings, but with a million apps, not so inclined, unless the update depends on signing into motoblur.

I also have not received a message that I can update...

Help anyone? I have also not received a message that update is available. Does this come from ATT or Moto?

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

then it seems like that's your only option.Try baterry pull....
    For app reviews and Rom reviews follow me on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OnEmOsPhErE86

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm7 on N1 Rooted Atrix

Dial this: *#*#checkin#*#* checkin notification should pop up then go to menu-settings-about phone- check for updates

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm7 on N1 Rooted Atrix

This just worked for my new replacement atrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

how do you get letters on the phone dialer to spell checkin?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

never mind....I got it to check in, but still same problem...of course I'm not on wireless right now, perhaps that's it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

checkin didn't work...Do I need to be on Motoblur to update?

Try de-selecting "sync only over wifi" in settings - data manager- data delivery - social applications. I had to do a factory reset to get the update to show up, but now when I have this unchecked the phone will at least tell me it's up to date rather than say it can't find the server.