music player problem

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I got a little problem with my music player.I start a song,put the phone down the music plays for about 20 seconds and then pauses.I removed this from the auto end list yet it still pauses.i'm not sure what it is....does it have to do with the screen time out?
I don't know if there's a setting I missed that will let the phone play music without the app pausing does anyone have any suggestions?

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I will check out those free players.im just kinda annoyed that even after checking the settings I get the same issue.I let it play and soon after the screen times out it pauses the songs.I wonder if I missed something in settings or just a bug with the music player it does that all the time.
Anyone else have any other suggestions so I donthave to get a free media player type app?

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Thats weird. The stock music player doesn't do that on mine. Do you have any power saving application that might be triggering this?

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem.

I'm having the same problem. Saturday, I launched music playback with the phone hooked to my car's aux input and it rand my whole playlist without a hitch. Today, It won't play a whole song.

I have set it on auto-end since then. Thinking this must be my problem, reverted this, but it no longer plays a whole track, what ever I do. I'm quite dismayed as the phone's usability as a Walkman is of big importance to me. I want to stick with the default player. It is quirky, perhaps, but I don't really like the permissions many of the other players require.

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Found it.

Solution found !

After insane amount of diddling with my phone, I had a flash: What if certain dependencies have been broken when I put other stuff on auto-end?

I went on the hunch that some Linux dependency got broken, akin to certain problems I've had with some Linux distros I toyed with some time ago. I re-enabled "Mediashare", "Tunes and TV" and the "Tunes and TV widget".

Lo and behold: The thing has been playing fro 10~15 minutes without a hitch or stuttter!

I be a happy Droid now! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sk8trix

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
you're right this really might be the problem since i have a ton of stuff on auto end.I'm going to check my auto end list maybe theres something else there that is related thanks for bringing that up to my attention.I'll post back with my finding.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Im still not getting it to work.the music player still pauses even after changing settings in the auto end menu.....don't know what else to try.

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Another try to resolve sk8trix's problem.

Please don't take offense if you already know what I'm about to say next, keep in mind that I have no idea about your proficiency when it comes to software; you might be a genius, and you may be just an average joe like I am, so I'm taking a shot in the dark here...

Perhaps you have disabled a service required by the phone's default music app ? The software I listed in my prior post are apps, but there's a distinction between apps and system services. You may have stopped an essential software service either voluntarily or involuntarily and caused this. Here's what running on my phone, both app and services, with the music player working as expected:

Amongst the apps I have working at the moment:

Epinephrine
Market
Opera mini
Files
Music
MediaShare
Browser message

No other app shows as running in task manager... From the "Manage application" menu in the "System" applet, under "Running Services", Here's what I have:

ExtDispService
WifiApNetMonitorService
AtCommandService
SyncEngineService
ScheduleService
CacheService
WeatherService
WeatherWidgetProvider
GPSToggle$UpdateService
MediaSyncService
GlobalUnplugService
GoogleMessagingService
GfxService
PersonalPortalService
DownloadServer
DataManagerService
Multi-Touch Keyboard

Also My battery settings are set to "Maximum battery saver". Perhaps you have made a custom setting which would throw things off ?

I believe that if you match my own settings, it should work. This said, I may have missed something. Also, Perhaps we run a different version and everything works in a slightly different way. So, try it and see, but just be aware that your mileage may vary.

Android version: 2.2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
Build #: OLYLA_U4_0.37.4

Good luck.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
well I enables all the services that matched yours, as for the rest I dont have those apps so I cant do anything about them.I checked my battery saver thing as well and all but still I get issues with playback.My atrix is stock only uupdate i have is the 4.1.57 update.Im might have to reset the phone and see if that fixes anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol