This is just getting painful

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the L in the middle of the loop in Chicago and it just took over a minute to load android central. I know we're all complaining and it wont get us anywhere, but I had connection speeds better than this years ago. This network is a joke.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So please stop posting same complaints on new threads everyday. Thanks, enjoy life, cheer up, and maybe you wont be so down b/c it takes a few seconds to load a website on your phone. You have legit complaint, just please keep it to the same thread. Let some new threads start about the positives coming from the hacking community or legit questions.

Reactions: Terrigno

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Well the good news for both of you (gvndeb60 and Terrigno) is that this is an open forum where the OP is free to express his opinions. While no one likes a whiner, no one likes it when people whine about the whiner. (or people like me whining about the whining about the whiner.)

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well the good news for both of you (gvndeb60 and Terrigno) is that this is an open forum where the OP is free to express his opinions. While no one likes a whiner, no one likes it when people whine about the whiner. (or people like me whining about the whining about the whiner.)

Agreed completely about everything you say, just asking original post not to copy and paste same info in every thread, getting to the point where it is spam. Now I bring it full circle, the whiner whining about the whiner complaining about the original whiner who is the, wait I am confused now.

filmusikat

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Dear whiners .... I have been getting decent data speeds on my end. I don't know about 4g but decent. :) maybe it depends on ur location. U BOYS are funny! I thought only women whine! Lol

I love my phone btw!!!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I was really considering buying this phone, and your post helped me in a postive way ;)

Ps your sexy.

Swyped from my LS670 using Tapatalk in CA

Last edited:

anon(180004)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I can say from up here in the Great White North that I am very happy with my Atrix. I have no problems except the odd Bell data network issue but that is not the phone's fault.

I find that most people only take the time to type out a post when they are complaining or angry. As with everything, you need to take the internetz with a grain of salt.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It was more to directly discuss how everyone else's data speeds are since that wasn't the topic in any of the other threads.

Sorry, bad week guys, I'm in a complaining kind of mood. It does look rather whiney though. I just think this is the only problem with an otherwise killer phone

filmusikat

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Its ok u freakish gnome! I know it can be frustrating... but because I came from a blackberry I have more patience when this phone doesn't provide the speeds we thought it would deliver. However yes, it is an amazing phone :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reactions: revo2001

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm VERY happy with the phone and the speeds, i'm over 3M down..and glad i didn't move to sprint ( another story i won't touch )
But love the phone

plasticglock

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
There are times I click on the atrix forum on android central on my DESKTOP at work and have to sit and wait. It doesn't happen every time, but a lot. I wonder if this had something to do with your issue?

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Flirting is a bit more subtle usually, haha.

Anyway, I usually pull about 1.5 mbps, kinda low for a major city such as chicago. My buddy's thunderbolt is blazing fast and he gets unlimited, so I'm a bit jealous.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Flirting is a bit more subtle usually, haha.

Anyway, I usually pull about 1.5 mbps, kinda low for a major city such as Chicago. My buddy's thunderbolt is blazing fast and he gets unlimited, so I'm a bit jealous.
I know what you mean Gnome. I just left Verizon iPhone 4. The Verizon service in Chicago was sad and the iPhone 4 was even sadder. I have never had so many dropped calls and slow data on a smart-phone before. Several friends of mine have the Atrix and we spend most of the time between downtown Chicago and northwest of the city. They cannot say enough about how fast the Atrix data speeds are and these half dozen or so friends all work downtown and live west and northwest of the city.

A couple of the folks know some Art'sy types as well as English and Philosophy majors, that think the iPhone4 is great. I think for people who are more simple minded about technology and need a device that is more of an appliance for consuming information the iPhone makes sense. You may want to try it. You may even like Big Red, most of the people that have Verizon do not know it is a very average speed network and do not really need to do multiple things on their smart-phone simultaneously.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok 1, please do not insult my intelligence. I'm not simple minded, and I do not need an iPhone.

2, we've done speed test comparisons over the data network, side by side, right in the west loop. I can sometimes get 2.5 tops, and his thunderbolt consistently gets at least 6mbps. Have you tried verizon's "average" LTE network?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok 1, please do not insult my intelligence. I'm not simple minded, and I do not need an iPhone.

2, we've done speed test comparisons over the data network, side by side, right in the west loop. I can sometimes get 2.5 tops, and his thunderbolt consistently gets at least 6mbps. Have you tried verizon's "average" LTE network?
Sorry Gnome, didn't mean to imply you are a simpleton, you just seemed to be a little overwhelmed earlier, my apologies.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying ATT is the greatest network ever made. I am just saying that Verizon along the I-90 corridor to downtown and an the I-290 to downtown is week and spotty. In the metro area Big Red just does not cut the muster for me.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Its cool, just came off wrong I guess. And I guess I never check it out anywhere but downtown.

On another note, I really should get out of the city more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome