HSPA+ unlock on the Atrix?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
There supposed to push out an update this month. When exactly? Not sure. Its AT&T so I wouldnt be suprised if it was the last day of this month lol.

Divinedark

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine they'll time the OTA to land at the same time the Samsung Infuze hits the floor. It'll have HSUPA unlocked out of the box. I assume that's what they're waiting for. The Infuze is supposed to hit late this month.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That's a good one T. No, we probably won't see it until June or July. Let's be realistic.

Ahhh. I didnt wanna be as harsh lol. But realistically, your right :)

I would imagine they'll time the OTA to land at the same time the Samsung Infuze hits the floor. It'll have HSUPA unlocked out of the box. I assume that's what they're waiting for. The Infuze is supposed to hit late this month.

Smart move on AT&Ts end. I loved the Captivate, and the Infuse looks really tempting with that huge screen.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I am very happy with my Atrix, can't wait for the update ... Hopefully it will really hit this month. I tether a lot and the upload cap is noticeable.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
so what's up guys... any news on hspa+ unlock? its April 15 already... well... keeping in mind how "prompt" AT&T with their updates it might as well be the next year when this unlock will be finally released... I mean really..... I had two BB bolds 9000 and 9700 and even though other carriers all over the world released official OS updates for them AT&T never did LOL Really atrix is the only reason why I extended my contract, which I kinda regert now... i'll definetely switch to any other carrier that will have a superior phone in the next two years...

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
so what's up guys... any news on hspa+ unlock? its April 15 already... well... keeping in mind how "prompt" AT&T with their updates it might as well be the next year when this unlock will be finally released... I mean really..... I had two BB bolds 9000 and 9700 and even though other carriers all over the world released official OS updates for them AT&T never did LOL Really atrix is the only reason why I extended my contract, which I kinda regert now... i'll definetely switch to any other carrier that will have a superior phone in the next two years...

I am with you. The reason I exteded was because of the atrix.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
HSUPA is what allows the phone to deliver faster upload speeds. Anything you go to download or browse that has to use the networks connection will first have to send the information, in order to recieve it. Notice when your looking at her H+ icon, it shows the arrows underneath it. You see it show progress of up and down. With HSUPA being locked, its not allowing the High Speed Uplink happen so we can get the download quicker. Its not gonna be a heaven and hell difference when we get it enabled lol. But the information has to be sent, in order to be recieved. So the quicker it sends, the quicker we get it. Thats how you will be able to download whatever you do quicker. But Ill be honest. Its not LTE. And wont be a blazing difference but it will be noticable.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci