Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HSPA+ unlock on the Atrix?

Anyone know when ATT plans to release the lock on the HSPA+?
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

There supposed to push out an update this month. When exactly? Not sure. Its AT&T so I wouldnt be suprised if it was the last day of this month lol.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

That's a good one T. No, we probably won't see it until June or July. Let's be realistic.

I would imagine they'll time the OTA to land at the same time the Samsung Infuze hits the floor. It'll have HSUPA unlocked out of the box. I assume that's what they're waiting for. The Infuze is supposed to hit late this month.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by ka3yan View Post
    That's a good one T. No, we probably won't see it until June or July. Let's be realistic.
    Ahhh. I didnt wanna be as harsh lol. But realistically, your right

Quote Originally Posted by Divinedark View Post
    I would imagine they'll time the OTA to land at the same time the Samsung Infuze hits the floor. It'll have HSUPA unlocked out of the box. I assume that's what they're waiting for. The Infuze is supposed to hit late this month.
    Smart move on AT&Ts end. I loved the Captivate, and the Infuse looks really tempting with that huge screen.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

Global Posts
    3,641 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

I am very happy with my Atrix, can't wait for the update ... Hopefully it will really hit this month. I tether a lot and the upload cap is noticeable.

so what's up guys... any news on hspa+ unlock? its April 15 already... well... keeping in mind how "prompt" AT&T with their updates it might as well be the next year when this unlock will be finally released... I mean really..... I had two BB bolds 9000 and 9700 and even though other carriers all over the world released official OS updates for them AT&T never did LOL Really atrix is the only reason why I extended my contract, which I kinda regert now... i'll definetely switch to any other carrier that will have a superior phone in the next two years...

Default HSPA+ unlock on the Atrix?

I have HSPA+ here in Canada! Muahaha Suckas!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevalkin View Post
    so what's up guys... any news on hspa+ unlock? its April 15 already... well... keeping in mind how "prompt" AT&T with their updates it might as well be the next year when this unlock will be finally released... I mean really..... I had two BB bolds 9000 and 9700 and even though other carriers all over the world released official OS updates for them AT&T never did LOL Really atrix is the only reason why I extended my contract, which I kinda regert now... i'll definetely switch to any other carrier that will have a superior phone in the next two years...
    I am with you. The reason I exteded was because of the atrix.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by dmenava View Post
    Not nice.

Sent from my Dual Core Beast Atrix using Tapatalk

Default Splashy intro...

Quote Originally Posted by dmenava View Post

Quite the splashy first post that was!

Now, can anyone enlighten me on the difference, and why it should mean anything to me ?
    I'm also connected using "HSPA+"...
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

HSUPA is what allows the phone to deliver faster upload speeds. Anything you go to download or browse that has to use the networks connection will first have to send the information, in order to recieve it. Notice when your looking at her H+ icon, it shows the arrows underneath it. You see it show progress of up and down. With HSUPA being locked, its not allowing the High Speed Uplink happen so we can get the download quicker. Its not gonna be a heaven and hell difference when we get it enabled lol. But the information has to be sent, in order to be recieved. So the quicker it sends, the quicker we get it. Thats how you will be able to download whatever you do quicker. But Ill be honest. Its not LTE. And wont be a blazing difference but it will be noticable.

Thanks for the info.