Atrix screen and surfaces issue

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes i see a really strange issue on my Atrix. lets say when i put my atrix flat on a hard surface (desk, table, box etc...) the screen responsiveness is just as it should be, BUT... when i put my atrix next to me on my bed or on some soft surfaces the responsiveness of the screen significatly degrades, it becomes jerky and while i try to scroll through the pages on any app or even through the screens it acts really wierd and it would activate various apps that are on the way of the finger... Although if the Atrix is connected to the charger it acts normal on any surface.... The issue seems to be occuring on SOME soft surfaces, not all of them.... like it happend again when i put my phone on the car seat today.... Did any of you guys experience or notice such problem? Is my phone defective or its a normal thing for the touchscreen displays to act like that?

Last edited:

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It seems like there's a variety of screen sensitivity issues, out there.

From time to time, the upper 20 percent of the screen on my Atrix goes "numb". It's hard for me to figure out just what triggers it.

Over on the Motorola corporate Atrix forum, one guy started a thread about his Atrix screen sensitivity issues, and others added their voices to it.

But then, their so-called "experts" jumped all over the OP and denied it was a genuine issue. Their solution was to return the phone as many times as it takes in order to get one that doesn't have a screen with a sensitivity issue.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes i came across that forum myself, was looking for that specific issue i have... but people seem to have issues even worse than mine.... i cant say this bothers me much because i mostly use my phone while holding it in my hands or on the hard surfaces.. besides, i cant return atrix anyway as i am past my 30 days already... and like i mentioned in other threads exchanging the phone, in hope to get a better one is a very questionable thing to do as your next device might be even worse than the one before... another thing is that as far as i know you can exchange the device only two times with ATT so i guess i should be happy for what i have right now.... its just i am not sure if it is a hardware or a software issue, but i hope its the latter since it can be fixed with future updates hopefully...

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
@Trevalkin: if you have the patience and the inclination, you ought to join the Motorola corporate Atrix forum, just to add your voice to that discussion. If Motorola never hears from the folks who have this problem, then they will never be motivated to investigate it and possibly solve it.

My screen issue is so inconsistant that there's no way I could have brought the phone back for a replacement and have any guarantee that the phone would mis-behave in front of a salesperson.

Fortunately, for me, the problem is intermittant and infrequent enough that I can live with it, just fine, if it doesn't get worse. If I were a gamer or had another touch-intensive use for the phone, then that would be different. I would have just returned the phone for a refund, early on, and then maybe bought another Atrix, someplace else.

Trevalkin makes another good point in that I wouldn't want to needlessly risk getting another Atrix with much worse problems. For example, mine has really good voice transmission and reception, unlike a great many others who have not been so fortunate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89