AT&T Review Request!!!

lshuman

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I was sent an email by AT&T to do a review of the Atrix. So I said okay i'll do this, when I expressed my experience with the Atrix and submitted it, I was sent a return email stating that my review has been rejected.

This is what I said,

I love the Atrix, I'm coming from a Droid X to The Atrix. The phone is much more responsive and it does not lock up like the Droid X used to do. Its a speedy well rounded phone.

I then said the only draw back is that AT&T misslead buyers into thinking that they would be getting a 4g phone, when its not even 3g. AT&T should improve on their marketing and sales to the consumer. I also said that they should let consumers know that they will be capping their devices and give a time frame on when they would be updating the devices.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
You're surprised that the marketing team isn't running with that? AT&T isn't advertising anything differently than Verizon. Is it OK to call the Thunderbolt a 4G device if you don't get LTE in your hometown?

lshuman

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
They are not advertising the same thing, due to the fact that Verizon is not capping, or crippling the T-Bolt by disabling any of its features like AT&T has done to the Atrix.

lshuman

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You're surprised that the marketing team isn't running with that? AT&T isn't advertising anything differently than Verizon. Is it OK to call the Thunderbolt a 4G device if you don't get LTE in your hometown?

Yes it is, if you go to where LTE is enabled you get the LTE speeds. The Atrix is not getting the speeds even in areas where they claim 4g is turned on.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is, if you go to where LTE is enabled you get the LTE speeds. The Atrix is not getting the speeds even in areas where they claim 4g is turned on.

Source, please. I want to see where AT&T is capping download speeds in their 11 active 4G markets.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
This has been discussed ad nauseam. AT&T has admitted to crippling the upload speeds for their HSPA+ service on select "4G" phones, for which the Atrix is one.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
ok you might want to put up a link to your information first,but I do hate the fact I have a 4G phone with 3G speed in the nj nyc metro area.3G is super good here but not 4G wich sux.The Atrix will be a super good phone once 4G is turned on if ever........however the phone itself blows almost all android devices out of the water as far as raw power so I'm going to be patient.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
ATT is seriously lost. I was at a store this weekend to get a 4G Sim card for my Atrix (long story, not important). Anyhoo, the guys at the store told me at first that they didnt have any SIM's that supported the 4G network. I had called prior to my arrival and spoke to the manager who said they did. After I explained that they had it, they then proceeded to tell me that there is no need for it since there was no 4G service currently in the US. I then asked them if I could use their computer, went to their own website and took them to the coverage maps. Needless to say, they were a weeeee bit embarrassed.

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
ATT is seriously lost. I was at a store this weekend to get a 4G Sim card for my Atrix (long story, not important). Anyhoo, the guys at the store told me at first that they didnt have any SIM's that supported the 4G network. I had called prior to my arrival and spoke to the manager who said they did. After I explained that they had it, they then proceeded to tell me that there is no need for it since there was no 4G service currently in the US. I then asked them if I could use their computer, went to their own website and took them to the coverage maps. Needless to say, they were a weeeee bit embarrassed.

ATT store personnel in my area have been pretty much useless the last couple of times I tried to ask them basic questions about previous phones I was interested in buying. This time I did all my research online. The store is only useful when you want to play with a device before you buy it.