Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Review Request!!!

I was sent an email by AT&T to do a review of the Atrix. So I said okay i'll do this, when I expressed my experience with the Atrix and submitted it, I was sent a return email stating that my review has been rejected.

This is what I said,

I love the Atrix, I'm coming from a Droid X to The Atrix. The phone is much more responsive and it does not lock up like the Droid X used to do. Its a speedy well rounded phone.

I then said the only draw back is that AT&T misslead buyers into thinking that they would be getting a 4g phone, when its not even 3g. AT&T should improve on their marketing and sales to the consumer. I also said that they should let consumers know that they will be capping their devices and give a time frame on when they would be updating the devices.

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Its cause at&t are really a G*Y carrier and their service is crap 70% of the time yet I stay on it.
    For app reviews and Rom reviews follow me on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OnEmOsPhErE86

You're surprised that the marketing team isn't running with that? AT&T isn't advertising anything differently than Verizon. Is it OK to call the Thunderbolt a 4G device if you don't get LTE in your hometown?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

They are not advertising the same thing, due to the fact that Verizon is not capping, or crippling the T-Bolt by disabling any of its features like AT&T has done to the Atrix.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by anothernewphone View Post
    You're surprised that the marketing team isn't running with that? AT&T isn't advertising anything differently than Verizon. Is it OK to call the Thunderbolt a 4G device if you don't get LTE in your hometown?
    Yes it is, if you go to where LTE is enabled you get the LTE speeds. The Atrix is not getting the speeds even in areas where they claim 4g is turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by lshuman View Post
    Yes it is, if you go to where LTE is enabled you get the LTE speeds. The Atrix is not getting the speeds even in areas where they claim 4g is turned on.
    Source, please. I want to see where AT&T is capping download speeds in their 11 active 4G markets.

This has been discussed ad nauseam. AT&T has admitted to crippling the upload speeds for their HSPA+ service on select "4G" phones, for which the Atrix is one.

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

ok you might want to put up a link to your information first,but I do hate the fact I have a 4G phone with 3G speed in the nj nyc metro area.3G is super good here but not 4G wich sux.The Atrix will be a super good phone once 4G is turned on if ever........however the phone itself blows almost all android devices out of the water as far as raw power so I'm going to be patient.
    For app reviews and Rom reviews follow me on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OnEmOsPhErE86
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Source, please. I want to see where AT&T is capping download speeds in their 11 active 4G markets.
    If you have upload speed capped it will take longer for the download to process, so that makes it slower as well.

Maximum PC | AT&T Admits to Intentionally Slowing Down Atrix and HTC Inspire
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

If you have upload speed capped it will take longer for the download to process, so that makes it slower as well.

Maximum PC | AT&T Admits to Intentionally Slowing Down Atrix and HTC Inspire

ATT is seriously lost. I was at a store this weekend to get a 4G Sim card for my Atrix (long story, not important). Anyhoo, the guys at the store told me at first that they didnt have any SIM's that supported the 4G network. I had called prior to my arrival and spoke to the manager who said they did. After I explained that they had it, they then proceeded to tell me that there is no need for it since there was no 4G service currently in the US. I then asked them if I could use their computer, went to their own website and took them to the coverage maps. Needless to say, they were a weeeee bit embarrassed.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

ATT is seriously lost. I was at a store this weekend to get a 4G Sim card for my Atrix (long story, not important). Anyhoo, the guys at the store told me at first that they didnt have any SIM's that supported the 4G network. I had called prior to my arrival and spoke to the manager who said they did. After I explained that they had it, they then proceeded to tell me that there is no need for it since there was no 4G service currently in the US. I then asked them if I could use their computer, went to their own website and took them to the coverage maps. Needless to say, they were a weeeee bit embarrassed.
    ATT store personnel in my area have been pretty much useless the last couple of times I tried to ask them basic questions about previous phones I was interested in buying. This time I did all my research online. The store is only useful when you want to play with a device before you buy it.