Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Default Moto & At&t pushing out a new update soon!

I just got an email from Motorola to participate in the next test group for the new software update! Last time I sent in a request to do it, I got the update less than 2 weeks after so hopefully this mean unlocked HSPA+ speeds and the upgrade to Android 2.2.2! Now time to play the waiting game.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BazzBro View Post
    I just got an email from Motorola to participate in the next test group for the new software update! Last time I sent in a request to do it, I got the update less than 2 weeks after so hopefully this mean unlocked HSPA+ speeds and the upgrade to Android 2.2.2! Now time to play the waiting game.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk
    Yup, I just got the same email.

We Inspire-ites are waiting for the same type of update (HSUPA). Any Inspire folks getting offers to participate in testing? I'd love faster speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gussy2000 View Post
    We Inspire-ites are waiting for the same type of update (HSUPA). Any Inspire folks getting offers to participate in testing? I'd love faster speeds.
    but ya'll can actually hack your way to it but i got an atrix for sale for that reason

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got the same email as well. i just had rooted as well using the sbf, so i unrooted returned to stock and hopefully this update will be worth it......if not back to 4.1.26 :-)
    life is good

Global Posts
    3,498 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

Sounds exciting, can't wait for the update.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by arwaldon4 View Post
    I got the same email as well. i just had rooted as well using the sbf, so i unrooted returned to stock and hopefully this update will be worth it......if not back to 4.1.26 :-)
    Its gonna unlock HSUPA. Yes, its worth it lol.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

Global Posts
    3,498 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

@Terrigno I totally agree! ... And why did they slow it down in the first place? Doesn't make sense.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

I think the reason why they did that was simple. The Atrix is labeled a 4G phone while the iPhone4 isnt. So really, the IPhone 4 has the power and speed to take advantage of the HSPA+ network. So I think that AT&T probably wanted to wait until a lot more of the HSPA+ network was complete so that they can push an update and have Atrix owners think the Push for the 4G was going into effect and it would get a lot more of the customer base cause the HSPA+ network would be bigger. Maybe they wanted it to seem like a big push for Atrix owners since its labeled 4G. Its messed up that they didnt tell us that if thats considered 4G, then the Iphone should be listed as a 4G phone on AT&T. But per Apple, they probably cant do that.

I think if we all knew up front that we would eventually get the same speeds as the Iphone 4, then we might have not bought the Atrix. But since they labeled it 4G, they made us think its gonna be a really fast phone on the network. Little did we know, The Iphone is taking advantage of it already. And thats messed up. Or they wanted to push out as much IPhones as possible since Apple are pricks, and make the IPhone there top of the line device.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

+1 on the e-mail from Moto. Since I got my pee-pee slapped last time for disclosing info on this forum, I'll be only talking about it from here on out on the Moto User's forum.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Pee-Pee Slapped lmao. Whos slappin Pee-Pees? hahahha. Thats halarious man. Yeah, I guess when I get it ill only discuss the details on the Moto Forum. But I sure will make a HINT on this one right here for my Brethern Android-iets! lol