HDMI output to play games on TV

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if and how I can play games on TV using HDMI output? I was just watching a video review of LG G2X and it looks like this phone can do that. How about Atrix? thanks!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
funny..... i can't find any info on the subject... I am also wondering if there is anyway to output atrix's display on TV or HDMI monitor? when i hook it up to my monitor it shows me some interface where i can choose only pictures music and vids. I have a sneaking suspicion that this feature is puprosely blocked/not available on atrix to force people into getting a lapdock......

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
yeahhhh... I now reaaaalyyyy regret that I extended my contract and got this phone. I mean reaaalllyyyyyy...
Can I use the HDMI out when I'm playing games or watching netflix? - Android Forums
that just succckkkssss.....

well I think I'll be putting Atrix up for sale on ebay and getting galaxy S II when it comes out... looks like they have the same 3G bands.. well.. lesson learned - "do the research first before you buy stuff" too bad I can't get LG G2X.....

Last edited:

Conor18

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Head over to xda-developers and check out their hacks. There is a HDMI mirroring hack and motorola webtop kit hack.

Is the GSx2 dual core? and what carrier is it being released for?

Reactions: dalvik

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Head over to xda-developers and check out their hacks. There is a HDMI mirroring hack and motorola webtop kit hack.

Thank you for your advice!!! I will check this out right now! I am new to android so sometimes i just dont know how to properly search for stuff..... anyway thanks alot!

LG G2X is a nvidia tegra 2 dual core phone from LG also known as LG optimus 2X in US its released exclusively for T-Mobile here is the link T-Mobile G2x - Full phone specifications
I'll head to xda developers now and will post later if i find anything.

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

The lg is tegra 2 on Tmobile. It has HDMI mirror as standard, though the battery and resolution is less.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well there is the desktop webtop Hack. Which I have done on my phone a little while back. It takes true patience to get it done but it can be done. Without spending all the money for the HD Dock. You can plug in that cable and jump right into the Media Center or Webtop mode. And Navigate using your phone as the mouse and keyboard. Its trickery, but can be done. I enjoyed it myself. But keep in mind. For future Motorola Updates, you would have to get your Atrix back to OEM. In order to get updates. Its a pain but can be done. Also keep in mind that the webtop hack is just that. A Hack. So by hacking into the phone, it takes time to get it back to stock. But read up on this stuff. The more you do it, the easier it becomes. It just takes time thats all.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well there is the desktop webtop Hack. Which I have done on my phone a little while back. It takes true patience to get it done but it can be done. Without spending all the money for the HD Dock. You can plug in that cable and jump right into the Media Center or Webtop mode. And Navigate using your phone as the mouse and keyboard. Its trickery, but can be done. I enjoyed it myself. But keep in mind. For future Motorola Updates, you would have to get your Atrix back to OEM. In order to get updates. Its a pain but can be done. Also keep in mind that the webtop hack is just that. A Hack. So by hacking into the phone, it takes time to get it back to stock. But read up on this stuff. The more you do it, the easier it becomes. It just takes time thats all.

hey can I do this even if my atrix isn't rooted?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

hey can I do this even if my atrix isn't rooted?

Have to be rooted. You have to edit the system files. Not hard. But rooting on the new releases is a pain.

Sent from my Dual Core Beast Atrix using Tapatalk

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well after searching around i came across a couple of xda forum threads. And it appears to be a webtop hack only just like Terrigno says. Which is not a TRUE HDMI mirroring so it means I still can not play games on TV..... it is actually can be done without being rooted. But i believe people were having issues with it so the root was eventually required as they modified the hack. But i did not get into much details because webtop hack is just wont do for me... I need a real hdmi mirroring to be able to play games. Thats the only thing i need it for. And on top of that i dont want to root my phone now while waiting for an hsupa update.... But thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood