Time is running out for HSUPA

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
As I'm sure many of you recall, AT&T stated that HSUPA would be available for the Atrix in April.
AT&T says Atrix 4G, Inspire 4G will have HSUPA enabled in April -- Engadget

Well, this is the last week of April.... Hello?

I got an email from Motorola early last week about a beta test. I signed up for it. I'm still waiting to get anything. Unlike the last beta test where I got the new software in 2 days after signing up.
I'm guessing this could be an update for the HSUPA, but come on guys, we're running out of time.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
As I'm sure many of you recall, AT&T stated that HSUPA would be available for the Atrix in April.
AT&T says Atrix 4G, Inspire 4G will have HSUPA enabled in April -- Engadget

Well, this is the last week of April.... Hello?

I got an email from Motorola early last week about a beta test. I signed up for it. I'm still waiting to get anything. Unlike the last beta test where I got the new software in 2 days after signing up.
I'm guessing this could be an update for the HSUPA, but come on guys, we're running out of time.

I definitley agree with you on this. I do remember last time for the beta software that that it came a couple days after the email. I did get the email last week and am axiously waiting also. We still have a good amount of time, but I keep checking to see when this is gonna happen. They were real good about the last update. So Im not sure why there not pushing this one right now. Might be doing some tweeking to it. Either way, Im ready to see how much of a difference this is actually gonna make. So Im with you on what you said bud :)

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well..... today is 26 already so 4 more days left. Is it just me or everyone by now has a feeling there won't be any updates this month LOL Well I didn't expect anything less from AT&T :) Those who are signed up for testing got emails but haven't reported recieving any updates yet (not mention the fact that nobody knows what the rumored update is about. only speculations LOL) Not that I am too anxious about the update ayway... I dont upload anything except a few pictures a month as email attachements... and also I read on xda forums that the hsdpa won't change much on download side, as its actually a 3.5 G so the guy said it wont be even noticeable... When I am at home or work I am constantly on WIFI. Well of course it would be nice to get it one day... but by the time AT&T will finally make it happen I'll be on verizon's LTE already hahah :) I really hope i'm wrong here, a lot of people eagerly anticipating the update...... have a great day everyone!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I somewhat agree with that. I dont believe it will make that much of a difference. But the HSUPA isnt just for uploading things. Its pretty much for everything. To even download anything, you need the upload to happen first for the phone to connect with the network, then grab the download and it starts downloading. So it might help a little bit. But I do know it wont be that much of a difference. IM just hoping there update fixes the connection issues people have also with wifi going in and out sometimes. Really frustrating. Hopefully they step it up. Cause if not, the Samsung Infuse looks sweet.

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Infuse = too big!! The reason I went with the Atrix is 4"...to me the perfect size phone for my hands. The EVO was too big, the iPhone too small....so this is just right.

David

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeahhh i am also hoping that maybe update will fix the issue with loosing connection when using wifi.... that would be really great cuz it happend with my phone yesterday again...
And i must agree about infuse... its just a little too big for me. I really like the size of galaxy s II i think 4 is good but 4.3 is the best well thats just my opinion... anyway with all my complaints about atrix i still like the phone as its actually my first android device (well not counting archos 70 which i sold on ebay last year...) its just POS ATT that i have a problem with... anyway lets hope for the better!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I too hope that the update does include some bug fixes as well. It is very frustrating having the wifi issue. I also have the occasional lock up within the phone app.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that connection thing is happing alot I notice. Its horrible. Its like if im a certain distance away from router, it goes out. Then then comes back in and its fine. Then Ill be somewhere online with the phone, and go go load a page and it cuts out. That part definatly has to be fixed. I know they can fix it. The Xoom doesnt have that problem with the wifi in it.

Well, I had the Dell Streak. At first I thought it would be to big and uncomfertable. But when I purchased it on ebay and it came, I was amazed by how HUGE the screen was. But Was still able to actually hold it and make phone calls. Like it wasnt a big deal. But the Big Screen really made it definatly more enjoyable to constantly play round on it. Now I see the Infuse is a little smaller at 4.5". But its lighter and thinner. And I was impressed with the Captivate. The Super AmoLed screen on that was far superior then others. Especially when it was real Sunny outside, I can see everything clear. And my Alarm clock on it had a BLACK background. Meaning whatever angle I looked at the phone from, the screen stayed black! That was fantastic how much different the screen is. But the qHD on the Moto is sweet to. But its just not super amoled lol

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
yeahh thats one of the many reasons i wanna get galaxy s II I am not too happy how atrix performs on direct sunlight..... So i am really considering getting GSII but there is one thing that i am not sure about - Atrix's tegra 2... there aren't many games for it yet.. well 12 of them to be exact and some are not even out yet... while there is a much larger variety of games on gameloft that can be loaded into galaxy s... But i read an article where developer was talking about how its actually easy to port existing games on Tegra..... so i am still in doubt should I exchange my phone for samsung or wait and see whats gonna happen with nvidia tegra zone... sorry guys I know im a little bit off topic but i am torn between these two phones..

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
yeahh thats one of the many reasons i wanna get galaxy s II I am not too happy how atrix performs on direct sunlight..... So i am really considering getting GSII but there is one thing that i am not sure about - Atrix's tegra 2... there aren't many games for it yet.. well 12 of them to be exact and some are not even out yet... while there is a much larger variety of games on gameloft that can be loaded into galaxy s... But i read an article where developer was talking about how its actually easy to port existing games on Tegra..... so i am still in doubt should I exchange my phone for samsung or wait and see whats gonna happen with nvidia tegra zone... sorry guys I know im a little bit off topic but i am torn between these two phones..

Yeah. I think the big factor for me is seeing how its gonna perform. Tegra 2 vs the 1.2ghz processor in the Infuse. Im thinking the Atrix is still gonna be faster. But I know the screen on the Samsung is gonna be amazing.

I get a feeling we'll keep getting a "next month" from AT&T for awhile.

The question is what the hell else are they doing right now? Nothing.

Ahh you know AT&T. There still fixing there network and trying to find out whats right and whats wrong. Trying to make the customers think the network is 4G when its really 3G still. lol

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
btw guys :) speaking of samsung infuse.... who said that infuse WILL have the 4g speeds out-of-the-box by the time of release? you know atrix and inspire advertised as 4g phones too. so I wouldn't hold my breath on it... knowing AT&T... infuse 4G not capped? hahaha you'll be surprised LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty