will the update work with a regular 3g sim card

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I know the update wont really give us 4G but will our 3g sims work once the update goes through?
I really dont know how sim cards work as far as hsupa? I read its 3g but faster than the current 3g,and that 4g or LTE what ever it may be isnt coming yet so will my 3g sim card work to give me the improved speeds?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes. You will be fine. Although when you got the Atrix didnt you get a new sim card? I actually had to use the new one they sent me because my old one wouldnt work in the phone. Weird. They said something about you have to use the one that was sent because there doing things now to where you cant, I guess, take stolen phones and put your sim in and then they work or something along those lines.

Edit: Aye Sk8trix, what part of Jersey are you from? Im from South Jersey. Moved to NC where everybody else from up north moved to lol

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
well heres the story.I had a BB with my number and sim.I opened a new line so I could get the Atrix a little cheaper and got a new nunmber.Then I just swapped sims so my BB sim would go into the Atrix and the Atrix sim into the BB.The rep did the rest for me and it worked great.
Now my only concern is what will happen next.I guess the update wont affect anythi g since its only going to be 3G on steroids but i guess if we go 4G either new sims or the phone probably can't support real 4G.......

Edit* North Jersey right across from NYC.....its ok up here but seriously considering going out to AZ maybe spend sometime out there and see how they do it in the desert lol

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. If I was you I would call AT&T and ask about that. I did the buying phones and adding lines all the time just to get them cheaper lol. AT&T was nice enough to close the line I got the Atrix on for me, and dropped my rate lower. They handled it like nothing. I was suprised they would do something like that. The girl was real cool. Oh yeah, and she was from AZ to I belive lol.

Well. Your in North Jersey. More like a NYC boy eh? lol. My brother in Laws from Perth Amboy. Ive been up there a couple of times and NYC to. But I was close to Philly, AC, Delaware etc. Jersey Shore! WOOT lol. But AZ? Thats a HUGE step man. DRY HEAT. Im sure it will be a lot better then the Humidity we get here.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The rep told me that we would be receiving a text/vm/email, whichever, when they were ready to release the 4g sims to us. I was at att like a week ago and asked that same question. I don't think that would be for a while though. just my .02 cents

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The rep told me that we would be receiving a text/vm/email, whichever, when they were ready to release the 4g sims to us. I was at att like a week ago and asked that same question. I don't think that would be for a while though. just my .02 cents

Gov, any other information you find out? 4G sim cards for what? Does that mean that these phones will get 4G sim cards to take advantage of LTE? Because I read somewhere that there weren't radios for LTE in the Atrix. Possibly enlighten me if you can.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
yea i think the 3G card are ok for now i did ask when i connected the atrix and the rep said it was cool but it makes sense no 4g no problem lmao.

DEsert heat...yea kinda crazy but that way CA is closer and that's a great thing when you skate because Cali is where the best skating happens haha

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
At the risk of sounding really stupid.....it's my impression that hspa+(4g) is just an evolution of the 3g network....same technology....so in theory the 3g sims should work for, in my case, the inspire and i'm getting pretty decent speeds at home (boston). Aren't the 4g sims really just to support LTE?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol