4.1.83 Out?

promo

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Spoke to Motorola about OTA update

Guys, I just spoke to Motorola and the OTA update is being delivered in batches. It is going to take several days for all the batches to process so we will have to be patient.

Reactions: AndroiderX

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I just spoke to Motorola and the OTA update is being delivered in batches. It is going to take several days for all the batches to process so we will have to be patient.
Thanks that makes sense. In a way that is good so all the proven rooting methods will be confirmed. I jumped the gun on the last upgrade and had to go back to 1.26 to use GladRoot and retain root

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks that makes sense. In a way that is good so all the proven rooting methods will be confirmed. I jumped the gun on the last upgrade and had to go back to 1.26 to use GladRoot and retain root

I rooted 4.1.83 with Gingerbreak. Worked without a hitch :)

CLIENTAV

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Atrix updates

THE ATRIX UPDATES STILL NOT WORKING PER THE ATT INSTRUCTIONS, 4/30 3:50 CAT. HAS ANYONE GOT THE UPDATES TO DOWNLOAD YET???

tks,,

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd suggest for those who dont want to wait head out to xda general atrix forum and pick up an sbf file... its a same thing as an OTA update... you just load it manually... it takes few minutes to finish just follow the simple instructions.....

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
link please?

Ok heres a couple of them:
this is the sbf file.
download offical 1.8.3 - sbf file link inside - xda-developers
this is instructions on using RSD lite with the link to download it
[GUIDE] Flash SBF to Motorola Atrix 4G [Archive] - xda-developers

and this is... if you get a "Failed Flashing process. (0x7100)" in RSD Lite"
http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...-failed-flashing-process-0x7100-rsd-lite.html (refer to post by rezo)

just one thing though: the sbf file has a reaaaaly long name. rename it to something very short possibly one or two letters/digits otherwise RSD lite does not recognize the file

carefully follow all steps, if you brick the device i can't be held responsible. (although you can always bring it back to life)

Last edited:

nory826

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
atrix hsupa

No, i don't man. How do you do it?

if you go on xda developers website ,look up the atrix, and go under "development" . they have a few ways to root the atrix. i personally think "gingerbreak" was the easiest . all that is , is downloading the gingerbreak apk. draging and dropping it onto your sd card , then inserting your sd card into the phone, then go into files under sd card, find the gingerbreak apk. and open it and it will install , then press root and done.

then to flash the sbf. 1.83 you have to download a program called rsd lite from the internet , install it. then download the sbf. 1.83 from xda developers and unzip it in a folder.{you dont want to flash the full zip file, just the sbf.} once you have the program (rsd lite) and the sbf file ( sbf. 1.83) then you turn off your atrix, takee the sim card out, then when you are turning the phone back on hold the power and up volume to get the atrix into sbf protocal or flash protocal, i forget what it says exactly, but youll know when its in protocal, it will have white letters at the top of the boot screen. then open rsd lite, plug your atrix in and make sure rsd recognizes it, as nf olympus im pretty sure, then pick your sbf file at the top of the window( the button will look like this (...) then hit start. itll take about 15 minutes and dont unplug the phone until you are sure it is done please, you could brick your phone . the process will go through a sequence of percentages of 1-100, so dont pull it out after you see it hit 100% the first time , it will do it about four times.

but all in all i do this alot and it is very easy, i know it looks like alot, but its really not, and i am definitley not the most tech savvy person lol if you do decide to try this, you can contact me through my gmail, nory82688sn@gmail.com , i check it frequently. have fun :p

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thats cool and all that the sbf is out and can be flashed. But I wouldnt do it. I would just wait for the OTA update to hit. Just to make sure its exactly as sent via Motorola meaning (They might possibly fix other stuff compared to what that file has) Just to stay on the safe side.

promo

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thats cool and all that the sbf is out and can be flashed. But I wouldnt do it. I would just wait for the OTA update to hit. Just to make sure its exactly as sent via Motorola meaning (They might possibly fix other stuff compared to what that file has) Just to stay on the safe side.

I agree and know for a fact that the sbf flash does not contain the rest of the fixes applied by the OTA Update.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree and know for a fact that the sbf flash does not contain the rest of the fixes applied by the OTA Update.

How do you know this for a fact? If people were to flash, they can flash it. And always flash back to an older rom and install the latest OTA for people that flashed. But I would just wait. Its not gonna be long I hope.

promo

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
How do you know this for a fact? If people were to flash, they can flash it. And always flash back to an older rom and install the latest OTA for people that flashed. But I would just wait. Its not gonna be long I hope.

Uh, Buddy in case you haven't noticed I agreed with you. Secondly this is how I know for a fact: [MOD] Enable HUSPA on ATT - Page 30 - xda-developers
I never said for anyone not to flash it, however it does not include other fixes. It's a flash for the radio only.

Last edited:

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Uh, Buddy in case you haven't noticed I agreed with you. Secondly this is how I know for a fact: [MOD] Enable HUSPA on ATT - Page 30 - xda-developers
I never said for anyone not to flash it, however it does not include other fixes. It's a flash for the radio only.

I think your mistaken. There is a difference between the radio sbf flash and the signed 1.83 moto update flash which was derived from the early release on the moto site. I say this based on this thread : download offical 1.8.3 - sbf file link inside - xda-developers