remove

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
ATT is about as clear as mud on the 4G situation. The HSPA+ is everywhere or is it only in areas where ATT is claiming 4G?

4G Speed from AT&T - AT&T 4G with HSPA+ and LTE - Wireless from AT&T

If you roll over the map, 4G is not deployed everywhere. Not even close. In the north east, I show Baltimore, Boston, Providence and Albany, NY. If you click on those circles it clearly lists 4G. So is that 4G HSPA+ or is that 4G LTE?

Looks to me that 4G is not deployed in any meaninful way and if you arent in those markets then you will not get 4G speeds. Also, I thought that the update was only going to improve upload speeds, not download.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Duvi I am getting the H+ in the display.

just tried one last time before i left work. Getting 232 ping, .73 D/L and .07 U/L

when i get home i will test again and the other phone...then maybe think about making some phone calls to AT&T tomorrow and then evaluating where i am at. :(

The Atrix doesnt dispay 3G, or at least I have yet to see it. Only H+ and E.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
ATT is about as clear as mud on the 4G situation. The HSPA+ is everywhere or is it only in areas where ATT is claiming 4G?

4G Speed from AT&T - AT&T 4G with HSPA+ and LTE - Wireless from AT&T

If you roll over the map, 4G is not deployed everywhere. Not even close. In the north east, I show Baltimore, Boston, Providence and Albany, NY. If you click on those circles it clearly lists 4G. So is that 4G HSPA+ or is that 4G LTE?

Looks to me that 4G is not deployed in any meaninful way and if you arent in those markets then you will not get 4G speeds. Also, I thought that the update was only going to improve upload speeds, not download.

LTE is planned to be deployed by the end of 2011 but knowing how ATT does those things we wont see it until sometime next year and Atrix is not even an LTE capable phone. So those must be HSPA+ My speeds vary as I move around the city but over all they've improved from what i had before...

KamaloPSU

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Last night at Home my results were better then worse this morning depending on how you look at it.

Wayne/Totowa/West Paterson, I think the Tower i hit is on the border of Totowa & West Paterson

5/3/11 @ 7PM
Ping 132
D/L 4.36 mbps :D
U/L .91 mbps :(

5/4/11 @ 7AM
Ping 136
D/L 3.03 mbps :eek:
U/L 1.53 mbps :)

Then Back to work in East Hanover NJ

Ping 129
D/L 1.29 mbps :confused:
U/L 1.61 mbps :eek:

I don't understand what is going on. So I like this Atrix a lot. But am giving thought to the international Unlocked S2. How do i know if its AT&T "4G" capable? What HSPDA bands am i looking for?

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Last night at Home my results were better then worse this morning depending on how you look at it.

Wayne/Totowa/West Paterson, I think the Tower i hit is on the border of Totowa & West Paterson

5/3/11 @ 7PM
Ping 132
D/L 4.36 mbps
U/L .91 mbps

5/4/11 @ 7AM
Ping 136
D/L 3.03 mbps
U/L 1.53 mbps

Then Back to work in East Hanover NJ

Ping 129
D/L 1.29 mbps
U/L 1.61 mbps

I don't understand what is going on. So I like this Atrix a lot. But am giving thought to the international Unlocked S2. How do i know if its AT&T "4G" capable? What HSPDA bands am i looking for?

You're not in a 4G area.

gkasper44

May 4, 2011
Visit site
This is crazy. I am in boston and after the update my speeds dropped in half and the data connectivity is worse than before. I have not rooted and got the update over the air.any suggestions?

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's LTE 4G that won't be turned on until Q4. The quasi 4G that the Atrix uses is live now.