Remove Thread

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I retained side loading abilities fromy original root prior to .57, so I understand that ginger break just gets side loaded and ran. The question I have is about it wiping your SD card or internal memory. Did it wipe yours?

plasticglock

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I used gingerbreak to root for the first time a few days ago and it did reformat my internal sd. I used it again after updating to 1.8.3 this morning (no ota got it from xda/rds lite'd it) and it formatted my internal sd again. I actually accidentally reformatted it last night also while drinking... I didn't lose much because I still have the previous back up files on my pc. So now I have 4.1.8.3 with root, side loading enabled (never went away in the update), and tibu freezing all the crapware. The network speeds are inconsistent, but still don't seem as fast as when I had the telestra radio flashed.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I retained side loading abilities fromy original root prior to .57, so I understand that ginger break just gets side loaded and ran. The question I have is about it wiping your SD card or internal memory. Did it wipe yours?

It does wipe your internal SD card memory. Just back everything up to the external SD card or to your computer first before rooting.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ohhh. That could be why I was fine because everythings on my external sd.

Sent from my Dual Core Beast Atrix using Tapatalk

Your phone auto-saves alot to internal......see if any of your games or app settings saved, my guess is some will be gone. I still saw all of my apps, but the data was missing when I looked for it.

So anyone else doing this, it does wipe your internal. Just make a back up and then copy and paste when you are done.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Your phone auto-saves alot to internal......see if any of your games or app settings saved, my guess is some will be gone. I still saw all of my apps, but the data was missing when I looked for it.

So anyone else doing this, it does wipe your internal. Just make a back up and then copy and paste when you are done.

Yep, there's also an option to select which SD card the phone will default to.

Settings -> SD Card and Storage Settings -> Storage location

You can then choose Internal or External storage location default.... this behavior will apply to all your media content, like pics or apps. I use internal because I assume I/O is probably at least negligibly faster than my class 6 card. Actually, has anyone ever tested that out? (don't mean to hijack the topic).