Possible to root from mac?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yea by using bootcamp lol.

honestly i do not believe this is possible as i too am a mac user thankfully my work computer runs windows so i just come into the office early when i need to root.

but unless the exploit is in an app i believe you need windows but im not certain

Spocket

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok thank you, I'm probably gonna pick up the atrix next week. Guess I'll need to get windows also if I decide to root. I'm gonna try out the stock experience first though.

Spocket

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm mostly concerned about blur. I hear it slows the phone down. I'll obviously try it out in the store before I buy though. I have heard launcher pro helps this, do you know anything about that? If blur turns out to be a nonissue, I may not root.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
blur/sense/touchwiz all suck badly there are many 3rd party launchers i.e launcher pro,adw,ahome etc.

my personally favorite if your looking for a more vanilla look is launcher pro plus.

launcher pro is free and is full useful in the free version but you have the option for i think 1.99 to unlock the plus version to use some built in widgets and to be able to resize widgets.

unless you live very far from the store i recommend buying the atrix and tweaking it for a few days as most stores install task managers(horrible!) and these do more harm them good whenever i stop in a local vzw or att store to play with a device or two while the wife is shopping they lag horribly and 9 out of 10 times advanced task killer is running and the devices stay on for days. if you dont like it then you can always return it.

I say try and use the device to its fullest before looking to root then once you hit the wall with something you want it to do then look into rooting.

since the atrix is on at&t i recommend the android central sideload wonder machine as att does not allow you to install non market apps.

Reactions: Spocket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835