motorola Atrix is getting android 2.3 soon

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well this article doesnt have any definite dates. And actually speaks about users in europe not getting 2.3 anytime soon.
Anyway I think by the time it happens there is abig chance i'll be rocking my new galaxy s II or infuse 4g LOL

Reactions: Terrigno

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That's good that the atrix ill be getting the 2.3 update. Seeing as how things are going. The gingerbread update wont happen until Quarter one of 2012. But I'm hoping for quarter 4 of 2011.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
We all knew it would get Gingerbread. This is plainly stated on the Motorola website: Motorola Mobility, Inc. - Media Center - Fact Sheets - Motorola ATRIX?„? 4G Fact Sheet

I guess I don't see the point of the OP's post. If there was news that this was coming in a few weeks, that would be a whole different story.

Yes, Motorola want's to get 2.3 on the Atrix. However, (IMHO) AT&T will likely delay or even block this update. We all know that carriers dislike OS updates. Look at what AT&T has done to the hugely delayed Windows 7 phone's updates (and these were tiny updates).

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Not saying that you're wrong, but the Atrix has received two updates since its release a couple of months ago. I am actually impressed with the speed at which they have updated the phone. I was super P.O.'d that they would talk to the consumers about the issues with the HSUPA, but I am not complaining about how quickly other issues have been addressed.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I think we will get the update, just a waiting game. The atrix is very much a flagship phone with it's specs, I cannot imagine moto or at&t holding back on gingerbread.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
We all the know the game by now. If you want timely updates to new versions of the OS you have but one choice, Nexus.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thats pretty much why Ill either wait for the Nexus for AT&T, Or get the Infuse 4G just for the super amoled and the 4.5" screen, or I switch over to Verizon get a taste of LTE lol.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
LTE.....damn if i only would have staye on VZW....but they kept screwing me over with crazy charges....att is slower but no surprise charges

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Thats pretty much why Ill either wait for the Nexus for AT&T, Or get the Infuse 4G just for the super amoled and the 4.5" screen, or I switch over to Verizon get a taste of LTE lol.

I would be all over the nexus but can't live with only 16gb of storage.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
LG's Nexus 3 will be out by 2012, but I'll still be rocking my Atrix then.

I'm going to keep this phone as long as I can. Can't be bothered with constantly getting the new "it" phone and chasing technology.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
same here i know that att or moto might take their sweet time in releasign updates and upgrading to gignger bread but with a dual core phone i think alot can be done before it is outdated right?????

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
agree but at least more than phones before since more can be done ofcourse in a few months we're going to have wayyyy better dual core devices but its not like the phone wont support apps of things like that

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
same here i know that att or moto might take their sweet time in releasign updates and upgrading to gignger bread but with a dual core phone i think alot can be done before it is outdated right?????

I agree. That's why I decided to abandon my Nexus One for the Atrix.
But I do miss those frequent updates. Heck, the N1 just got another update - to 2.3.4 :'(

SlickMoney

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I probably would have bought a Nexus S if the ATT one was available just for the frequent updates.

However, I am really pleased with the Atrix. Im sure Moto will make with the 2.3 update fairly quickly. Unless Google announces something awesome at I/O and they decide to move to a newer version.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I probably would have bought a Nexus S if the ATT one was available just for the frequent updates.

However, I am really pleased with the Atrix. Im sure Moto will make with the 2.3 update fairly quickly. Unless Google announces something awesome at I/O and they decide to move to a newer version.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

same here i wanted an android phone but the atrix was the most powerful one when i was out to buy a phone but im glad its so good i didnt really get burned at least

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007