mobile banking apps not working

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Following the 4.1.83 update, I can no longer log into my Bank of America app. It appears that the apps from some other banks(Chase, Discover, American Express) have stopped working, as well.

Anyone know of a workaround?

My guess is that it's some kind of security certificate problem inside the app, because I can log into my account via the web browser, but now it flashes a security certificate error.

I'd prefer to use the app, rather than the browser.

brdwlk

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
@attweco You're right. I'm getting a message on the Amex app saying "No response from service", with a "Continue" button that does nothing but take me back to the app login screen!? The Chase app says "We're temporarily unable to connect to Chase...".

Your certificate idea makes sense as well, but I haven't found any workarounds yet. :'(

Last edited:

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
This was a bug discovered during beta testing. I don't think they ever came up with a solution. On a positive note, USAA banking app still works if you use them. :-/

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
To those with broken banking apps:

Could you please try to log into your accounts, via the web browser, and see if that works?

If that attempt brings up a Security Certificate Error, please report it here. Then at least we have a common thread across all these broken apps, which might lead to a fix.

Thanks...:)

prothos

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
To those with broken banking apps:

Could you please try to log into your accounts, via the web browser, and see if that works?

If that attempt brings up a Security Certificate Error, please report it here. Then at least we have a common thread across all these broken apps, which might lead to a fix.

Thanks...:)

works fine using the browser on the phone but not the app

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess there's no consistant pattern with the Security Certs.

Oh well....

Regardless, this is Moto's problem. I managed to navigate through the gauntlet of BofA tech support, and was told that there had been some reports. The response was that this was Motorola's problem and it was their responsibilty to fix their devices, not BofA.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
From Motorola's support forums:

18. May 6, 2011 8:23 AM (in response to dervari)
.83 update has crippled all banking applications.
We're aware of the issue and are looking to find out how we can work with the App Developers to resolve it. No need to contact us as it already has a high priority.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

For whatever it is worth. Guess we will see what happens.

saddlesore

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, I guess there's no consistant pattern with the Security Certs.

Oh well....

Regardless, this is Moto's problem. I managed to navigate through the gauntlet of BofA tech support, and was told that there had been some reports. The response was that this was Motorola's problem and it was their responsibilty to fix their devices, not BofA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc