Atrix or Infuse?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yea i love the new site redesign but now the bars for the users are a little out of proportion.

but yea that is true the atrix will not likely see ice cream sandwich official but im sure leaked roms will be available. the way the android world works you gotta update often lol

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
yea i love the new site redesign but now the bars for the users are a little out of proportion.

but yea that is true the atrix will not likely see ice cream sandwich official but im sure leaked roms will be available. the way the android world works you gotta update often lol

Yeah, and you are a Junior member with 3 times the posts as me. And where is my picture? ... LOL!

I bet ice cream will be a great update, I just don't see Motorola supporting this phone that long. I am sure they will have their next gen android device on at&t at that point.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I bet ice cream will be a great update, I just don't see Motorola supporting this phone that long. I am sure they will have their next gen android device on at&t at that point.

Motorola continues to update the OG Droid and has gotten 3 updates already. I would think the likelihood of getting Ice cream is high as this is a seminal and important device for them.

Reactions: jsntrenkler

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Motorola continues to update the OG Droid and has gotten 3 updates already. I would think the likelihood of getting Ice cream is high as this is a seminal and important device for them.

Excellent point, after doing a little research based on your post I retract my statement, it does look as if Motorola will continue to support this device. The OG Droid is now at 2.2.2 .. That's incredible considering it's age. Thanks for your reply!

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
if the screen is all that matters, it will probably look better on the Infuse, but this is why i rather get the nexus s. like someone mentioned, the 4' screen is a perfect size, at least for me.

atrix or infuse... one thing is for sure, they're both awesome devices. i don't see you losing with either route you choose. if you're into custom roms and more free with hacking accompanied by the best screen experience, then the infuse may be for you. i like the size of the atrix and all that it brings. i'm not into rooting (as i didn't root my atrix or have a want/need to), so the atrix would have been my choice if i had to make that decision today.

IrateCustomer

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
This review solidified me going with the Atrix and keeping it even though I'll be able to exchange it if I wanted to. That benchmark score is abysmal, and note the battery usage issues as well. I'd rather have something smaller and more efficient than eye candy. After all, what good is eye candy if you're stuck waiting around to see it?

Reactions: Denver Max

Denver Max

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
This review solidified me going with the Atrix and keeping it even though I'll be able to exchange it if I wanted to. That benchmark score is abysmal, and note the battery usage issues as well. I'd rather have something smaller and more efficient than eye candy. After all, what good is eye candy if you're stuck waiting around to see it?

Thanks for linking this review. I was having trouble finding details about the infuse at other news sites.

Dealbreaker for me: From Atrix to Infuse, I'd increase my screen size but decrease my screen resolution. What a waste. Maybe super-amoled is great, but it can't prevent me from feeling like I switched to a large-print grandma phone.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just read that the Infuse will have 16GB of internal storage and a 1750mAh battery. Yup, that sealed the deal for me :)

Dantastic

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Wow, a 1750mAh battery and it could barely make it through the day? And I was thinking about giving this device a go :-\. And then there's that 4.5 inch screen, the colors look gorgeous! But 4.5 and 480 x 800 just don't mix. The text looks so washed out and jagged that it makes a pentile matrix look good lol. The thinness of the phone is great, but with a Hummingbird processor clocked at 1.2 GHz and the phone being so thin, the phone is probably going to get really, REALLY hot, just like my sister's iphone 4 after an extended use (sorry guys, but PVZ and Cut the Rope are too addicting lol) and the iphone is only about a millameter thicker....oh well, I had hopes for this device, but it just has too many cons for me. Besides, ATT is NEVER going to reach 21mbps....at least not with HSPA+. Oh well.....the SGSII looks good, even with iphony touchwiz. Having the Atrix as my personal phone and the SGSII as a play phone (I just convinced my woman to switch to android and she has her eyes on the SGSII :D) will be nice!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I am starting to lean more towards the Galaxy S2 ... Thinking about picking up one of the european models, they are $750 on Expansys. Not sure if I should hold out and see if at&t picks it up.

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am starting to lean more towards the Galaxy S2 ... Thinking about picking up one of the european models, they are $750 on Expansys. Not sure if I should hold out and see if at&t picks it up.

Id wait, at&t is getting it. Don't ever buy a phone without a warranty

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It'll have a manufacturer warranty for at least a year. ATT's warranty is bulls...t after 30 days the'll send you a refurb.....

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
It'll have a manufacturer warranty for at least a year. ATT's warranty is bulls...t after 30 days the'll send you a refurb.....

I read that the manufacturers warranty is voided when the phone is used on a carrier not originally intended for it-was this false?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, as far as i know companies usually release the same model under a few diff. names. Like for example LG Optimus 2 X known as LG G2X for T-mobile but i believe you can purchase this phone (the original name) without any contract with any carrier. That's how it works in many European countries. You just get the LG Optimus 2 X and use it with whatever carrier you choose they dont have branded US T-Mobile version there... and of course these phones come already manufacturer unlocked. So of course you have warranty on them.... See the most important thing is that the phone must be unlocked by the manufacturer and thats what i beleive Expansys sell... but honestly their prices are rip off so 8'd look elsewhere... but if you get a a carrier brwnded phone and unlock it then in this case yes you void the warranty

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
so do the manufacturers... and the refurbs happen to be great models. any issues that may have been on the old ones are fixed. i have never had to replace a refurb.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
you mentioned youre getting the infuse at the upgrade price when you just got the atrix--how?

Well, I used to ask the same question myself. I remember talking to an AT&T rep about a month after I got my Atrix. And it wasnt about the Atrix, it was about trying to get an extra line off of my contact. Which she wipped for me at "NO CHARGE" (Since I was paying $10 a month for it) and we got into talking about Android and the tech and the Atrix at that. And I was saying how I had opened another line to get a different phone for the upgraded price. She was like normally when you order online you dont have to do that if your a high paying customer per month. She said look, you just got the Atrix and bumped your contact and it showing your eligible for another early upgrade already. I said wow! She was like yeah, AT&T should do a deal where people that switch phones out all the time can take advantage of a certain plan. But she assured me that when a new phone comes out to my taste, I could upgrade already at the dicounted price :)

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting. How early or in how many months is it showing that you are eligible? The best I have been able to get is either a 15 month at full discount or a 6 month at discount + 75. I believe the 6 month has gone up in price but I am not quite sure what the amount is.