Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Atrix or Infuse?

    This may be a bit early, but what are everyone's initial thoughts?

    Which is the phone to get on ATT now?

    The atrix has the faster processor of course, but that 4.5'' screen on the infuse must kill the battery.
  2. #2  

    Default

    LOL I just headed here to open this thread myself and here it is already!
    Well i was sceptical about it until i saw the video. It does look good in hand So I'll definetely check it out at ATT store...
    Speaking of battery, What I understand from the articles about SAmoled Plus technology it is actually consuming less power than its predecessor and is brighter and crisper at the same time. I never owned any samsung devices before so I dont know how long the battery lasted on first galaxy S. This is something that I will have to research first... I've been getting a good battery life on Atrix for the past few weeks so can't complain much about it.....
    Another thing is that Atrix has NVIDIA Tegra 2 and you all know that some great games are coming for this platform... I'm a gamer so just this very thing may stop me from getting infuse... 4.5 screen might be too big for me in terms of portability but like i said... i gotta see it in person.....

    Edit:
    forgot to mention other important things like: does infuse have true HDMI mirroring (not like Atrix)? how much RAM it has? and does it have a gyroscope?? Galaxy S II should have all these specs so it does look like a complete phone and best candidate for next purchase on my list.....
  3. #3  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    Factual Honesty. Ive owned the Captivate. I loved the Captivates screen and everything else about it. So heres some more Factual Honesty. The Samsung Infuse will go in my pocket, right after the Atrix sells on ebay lol. Plus, The Infuse's 4G is better then the Atrix. Its gonna take a better advantage of the network then the Atrix can.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  4. #4  
    attweco's Avatar

    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    There's a lot to like about the Infuse, but it's just too large to be convenient, for me.

    As far as ATT's network is concerned, I think it's way too early to know how their higher speed technology deployment is gonna turn out. It's certainly chaos, right now!
    Change is good!
  5. #5  
    jsntrenkler's Avatar

    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,540 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

    Default

    @Terrigno I am with you! ... On May 15th I will be switching over, I love their screens and that phone is gonna fly. I can't wait.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Haha good luck guys really hope you'll enjoy your infuse! I'll wait for gsII for now... of course its all about preferences... i like nice games so for me atrix is the best choice for now i'll have to think twice before selling it and getting gsII also i am not having any serious issues with my phone like some people have... so im just ok with what i have right now...
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Factual Honesty. Ive owned the Captivate. I loved the Captivates screen and everything else about it. So heres some more Factual Honesty. The Samsung Infuse will go in my pocket, right after the Atrix sells on ebay lol. Plus, The Infuse's 4G is better then the Atrix. Its gonna take a better advantage of the network then the Atrix can.
    at&t's 4g doesnt go up to 21mps--so that's useless
  8. #8  

    Default

    21mbps? Samsung Infuse 4G is AT&T's first 21Mbps smartphone -- Engadget
    Well.... it says here "technically capable" thats the key phrase here... has anyone ever gotten their DL speeds to 14 mbps???? I highly doubt that... so with HSDPA category 14 there is a big chance you wont be even getting speed that category 10 offers at this point... i tthink you all should take a look at this link to get better idea about speeds... 4G speed test results are in, Verizon's LTE is fastest, but T-Mobile holds the fort in smartphone speeds - Phone Arena

    Edit:
    I just learned from engadget.com that infuse has a single core processor, not that its a big issue anyway but Atrix just scored a bit here.....
    Last edited by Trevalkin; 05-05-2011 at 10:36 PM.
  9. #9  

    Default

    4" perfect size for me..anything over that is too big for my hands....

    David
  10. #10  
    jsntrenkler's Avatar

    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,540 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

    Default

    For me it's the size of the screen as I have big fingers. I like the larger screens and hope that the infuse has better battery life than the inspire, I loved that device but couldn't handle the terrible battery life.
  11. #11  
    btgrave's Avatar

    Posts
    450 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

    Default

    Atrix.

    Dual Core and overall more future-proof.

    Sure, the Infuse has a bigger and brighter screen, but it also has smaller battery and first impressions so far have shown that the battery tends to get drained quickly due to the larger screen.

    Also, the Infuse has low density pixels on a larger screen (read: not gonna look pretty).

    Unless you plan to get another new phone within 3 months, go with the Atrix.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
    Atrix.
    Dual Core and overall more future-proof.
    Unless you plan to get another new phone within 3 months, go with the Atrix.
    LOL no wonder you have 3 of them! hahaha but seriously... the Atrix appears to be the only good choice now with ATT... I got it on march 8 and had very mixed feelings, didnt like the battery and not being able to play games via hdmi.... But for the past three weeks i'm developing strong liking towards this phone... the battery is better than it was before (can never make it more than 20 hours anyway even with minimal use) the only thing that possibly may change my mind is SGS II but still it depends on few important things though.... other than that the Atrix reallly is an awesome device and is future-proof... if I am not mistaked there are just two Nvidia tegra 2 smartphones on the market (not counting the tablets) LG and Motorola but the Atrix has a little better specs than the LG Optimus 2X
    Last edited by Trevalkin; 05-06-2011 at 02:59 AM.
  13. #13  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
    Sure, the Infuse has a bigger and brighter screen, but it also has smaller battery and first impressions so far have shown that the battery tends to get drained quickly due to the larger screen.
    The Screen is Super Amoled+ Technology. Its less prone on the battery. Whos future impressions are you talking about? The Captivate I had would last just as long as my Atrix does.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  14. #14  
    zhelf's Avatar
    Zombie

    Posts
    687 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    going with the captivate vs infuse if the SAMOLED+ consumes less battery than the SAMOLED but is .5" bigger the best we can hope for is equal battery life but the extra 200mhz on the processor will likely make short work of the rest of the battery.

    The atrix is the most future proof and is a great phone. However the screens on samsung devices are so good its just.........well lets put it this way if you own an atrix try not to use it right after a samsung device lol. I love both of mine but the samsung has the better screen hands down.

    But like someone else said the infuse is nice but with the GS2 around the corner (which has already been spotted with AT&T bands in the FCC) the infuse is likely to get the notorious samsung cold shoulder.

    The one thing i hate about some of these manufacturers is once they release a new flagship(evey 3-6 months) its like the previous sometimes becomes the redheaded stepchild locked in the basement. yea you get food but its not always good or on time lol.

    thankfully though with all of the new android handsets you really cant go wrong. i would say for most people the infuse will be too large though as most find 4.3 too big. for people like me 6'3 300lbs the infuse is a nice fit lol i will be picking one up when it drops though.
    Android: Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 5
    iOS: iPhone 5s
    Windows Phone:Lumia Icon
  15. #15  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    Great review. I will say that I notice a difference looking at the Atrix, after Ive owned the Captivate. Bigger Screens is always a plus for me. I dont mind that at all. Makes typing and viewing content a lot better. Samsung makes really good quality products. The Atrix is sweet also and I love Motorolas quality. I have the Xoom, and it looks like the Xoom is the Moto Product Im gonna stick with. The device is fantastic. But the Atrix is good, but in my opinion the Infuse is a beast. The Screen alone looking at it in direct sunlight is a big plus since you can actually see it really good. I can probably vouce and say that you wont notice to much of a difference on this phone compared to the Atrix speed wise. Even though the Atrix packs a Dual Core processor, it really doesnt seem to much faster then when I had the Captivate. And I believe that was capped at 1Gz and was a SnapDragon processor. This one is gonna be a 1.2Ghz processor so its gonna be sweet. I dont play games to much on a Phone. I got the Xoom for that and thats where the Tegra 2 shines.

    So Im anxious awaiting the Infuse to go up for pre order. Hopefully, if not Im ordering it online since AT&T lets you get the upgrade discount price which is just gonna add 3 more months on the contract since I renewed it again when I got the Atrix.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Gotta say, I would have to wait to see what happens with the Galaxy S II. If that does hit ATT I think it has to be the top dawg.

    Even if it doesnt, might just have to open the secret bank account and hit that baby full price.
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  

    Default

    When I upgrade from my Captivate, I'm going with the Atrix still. The Captivate has soured me on Samsung. I'm actually more tempted by the Inspire
  18. #18  
    zhelf's Avatar
    Zombie

    Posts
    687 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Great review. I will say that I notice a difference looking at the Atrix, after Ive owned the Captivate. Bigger Screens is always a plus for me. I dont mind that at all. Makes typing and viewing content a lot better. Samsung makes really good quality products. The Atrix is sweet also and I love Motorolas quality. I have the Xoom, and it looks like the Xoom is the Moto Product Im gonna stick with. The device is fantastic. But the Atrix is good, but in my opinion the Infuse is a beast. The Screen alone looking at it in direct sunlight is a big plus since you can actually see it really good. I can probably vouce and say that you wont notice to much of a difference on this phone compared to the Atrix speed wise. Even though the Atrix packs a Dual Core processor, it really doesnt seem to much faster then when I had the Captivate. And I believe that was capped at 1Gz and was a SnapDragon processor. This one is gonna be a 1.2Ghz processor so its gonna be sweet. I dont play games to much on a Phone. I got the Xoom for that and thats where the Tegra 2 shines.

    So Im anxious awaiting the Infuse to go up for pre order. Hopefully, if not Im ordering it online since AT&T lets you get the upgrade discount price which is just gonna add 3 more months on the contract since I renewed it again when I got the Atrix.
    your right the dualcore you cant notice now but i have a feeling when we get to ice cream sandwich there will be more dual core optimization.
    Android: Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 5
    iOS: iPhone 5s
    Windows Phone:Lumia Icon
  19. #19  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default

    This is true. But thats even if ice cream sandwhich comes for the Atrix.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  20. #20  
    jsntrenkler's Avatar

    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,540 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    This is true. But thats even if ice cream sandwhich comes for the Atrix.
    I agree, I think the only android phones that are "future proof" are the nexus series, they get updated without question. I can't see Motorola taking the atrix past gingerbread, heck that's if we truly do get gingerbread, at this point it's all speculation.
  21. #21  
    jsntrenkler's Avatar

    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,540 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

    Default

    On a side note, the new theme on this forum looks wonderful! ... Caught in when I refreshed!
  22. #22  
    zhelf's Avatar
    Zombie

    Posts
    687 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    yea i love the new site redesign but now the bars for the users are a little out of proportion.

    but yea that is true the atrix will not likely see ice cream sandwich official but im sure leaked roms will be available. the way the android world works you gotta update often lol
    Android: Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 5
    iOS: iPhone 5s
    Windows Phone:Lumia Icon
  23. #23  
    jsntrenkler's Avatar

    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,540 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombiepug View Post
    yea i love the new site redesign but now the bars for the users are a little out of proportion.

    but yea that is true the atrix will not likely see ice cream sandwich official but im sure leaked roms will be available. the way the android world works you gotta update often lol
    Yeah, and you are a Junior member with 3 times the posts as me. And where is my picture? ... LOL!

    I bet ice cream will be a great update, I just don't see Motorola supporting this phone that long. I am sure they will have their next gen android device on at&t at that point.
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
    I bet ice cream will be a great update, I just don't see Motorola supporting this phone that long. I am sure they will have their next gen android device on at&t at that point.
    Motorola continues to update the OG Droid and has gotten 3 updates already. I would think the likelihood of getting Ice cream is high as this is a seminal and important device for them.
    Thanked by:
  25. #25  
    jsntrenkler's Avatar

    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,540 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevehsteveh View Post
    Motorola continues to update the OG Droid and has gotten 3 updates already. I would think the likelihood of getting Ice cream is high as this is a seminal and important device for them.
    Excellent point, after doing a little research based on your post I retract my statement, it does look as if Motorola will continue to support this device. The OG Droid is now at 2.2.2 .. That's incredible considering it's age. Thanks for your reply!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions