Wtf, battery life has gotten so bad

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been off charge for 11 minutes and my battery is down to 90% already? Idk why my battery is getting so bad... Any ideas on how to solve this?

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, I haven't changed any of my settings, they've been the same since I got my phone in February. I used to get through a whole day, even though I charge my phone in the afternoon. But in 11 minutes, it's already down 10% and idk why

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been off charge for 11 minutes and my battery is down to 90% already? Idk why my battery is getting so bad... Any ideas on how to solve this?

How long have you had your phone for? Was it acting like this before? I'd take time and see how fast the battery will discharge by the end of the day... See the reason i am asking is because i came across a comment discussion about an android phone on one the sites i think bgr.com and one person had the same question. So to tell you the truth all modern phones act like that. My phone does the same thing. After 15 minutes of offcharge it shows 90% its normal because thats the way battery meter works in10% decrements while it could really mean around 99-95% My old blackberry phones did that... my Atrix manages to go for around 12 hours with moderate use before it hits 30-20% so I'd suggest you to wait and see how it will perform for at least 10 hours depending of what you gonna be doing with it. And if its really bad then you might have to see if something is constantly running, exchange the battery/phone etc...

foxpacific

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you install the Circle Battery app. Motorola only shows battery life in 10% increments, so if it's 94% it will show 90%.

Besides that look in the battery usage list to see if you can find the culprit...

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
How long have you had your phone for? Was it acting like this before? I'd take time and see how fast the battery will discharge by the end of the day... See the reason i am asking is because i came across a comment discussion about an android phone on one the sites i think bgr.com and one person had the same question. So to tell you the truth all modern phones act like that. My phone does the same thing. After 15 minutes of offcharge it shows 90% its normal because thats the way battery meter works in10% decrements while it could really mean around 99-95% My old blackberry phones did that... my Atrix manages to go for around 12 hours with moderate use before it hits 30-20% so I'd suggest you to wait and see how it will perform for at least 10 hours depending of what you gonna be doing with it. And if its really bad then you might have to see if something is constantly running, exchange the battery/phone etc...

I've had my phone 2 days after it came out.. And no, it never acted like this before.. I feel as though, after this recent update, the battery life hasn't been as good as it should.. But I guess I honestly wouldn't know that, cause I always charge my phone in the afternoon..Even if it's at 70% :s

But today, I won't charge it until at least 20% Hopefully that'll get me through the whole day

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you install the Circle Battery app. Motorola only shows battery life in 10% increments, so if it's 94% it will show 90%.

Besides that look in the battery usage list to see if you can find the culprit...

I'll try that app, thanks.

Lol, it's funny.. As soon as I downloaded the app and put my widget on my home screen.. It says my battery is 90% and the Widget shows 94% :p

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Green power seems.to be helping ALOT my phone has been off the charger for 3 hours and its at 90%

sent from my Atrix

My phone has been off of charge for 2h 39m and I haven't done ANYTHING on my phone, wifi is off.. Haven't talked to anyone, no texts, emails, browsing, facebook or anything.. And It's down to 89% without any use?

It's getting frustrating, I don;t know if I'm over analyzing it right now, or if my battery is draining a lot faster than it should >:/

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been off of charge for 2h 39m and I haven't done ANYTHING on my phone, wifi is off.. Haven't talked to anyone, no texts, emails, browsing, facebook or anything.. And It's down to 89% without any use?

It's getting frustrating, I don;t know if I'm over analyzing it right now, or if my battery is draining a lot faster than it should >:/

You have something running in the background

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
You have something running in the background

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

When I open my task manager, all I have running are:

• Go Launchger
  • Swift Key
  • WhatsApp
  • Maps... Which I don't know why, I have it on the "Auto end list" but it's ALWAYS running. I don't even use it, let alone open the app :/!
  • lookout
  • Kik
  • Accuweather.com Widget
  • Divi clock widget
  • Vlingo, which I never use, but it's also ALWAYS running -_-

But yeah, those are the only things that are running... I don't really use anything else and if I do, I close them all the time. But apps like the Google Maps and Vlingo are always on, when I don't open them or use them at all..

Even when apps have been added to the auto end list, why are they still running? :/

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Like someone else said, 11 mins after being taken off the charger, it will show 90% but it's really more like 91-99%. Motorola only shows 10% increments. (Circle Battery Widget fixes that though). So I don't think your battery is discharging too quickly..

You can try turning off the "Use Wifi to find location" or whatever it's called, in your settings (and GPS off too). That saves my battery a ton, if I don't allow it to use wifi to find me all the time (and I can just turn it back on only when I want it). I notice a huge improvement the next day after turning it off. However, could just be in my head, like a placebo effect sort of deal.

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Like someone else said, 11 mins after being taken off the charger, it will show 90% but it's really more like 91-99%. Motorola only shows 10% increments. (Circle Battery Widget fixes that though). So I don't think your battery is discharging too quickly..

You can try turning off the "Use Wifi to find location" or whatever it's called, in your settings (and GPS off too). That saves my battery a ton, if I don't allow it to use wifi to find me all the time (and I can just turn it back on only when I want it). I notice a huge improvement the next day after turning it off. However, could just be in my head, like a placebo effect sort of deal.

Thank you, I didn't know I had that setting on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49