Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GoSMS: disable native SMS application

I installed GoSMS. Very nice application, but I cannot find a way to disable the native SMS application that comes with the Atrix.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

go to your stock "text messaging app" > Messaging setting

and under test messaging settings, uncheck " Noifications"

sometimes, check in GoSMS setting, it might allow you disable the stock text notification or give instruction on how too.

Quote Originally Posted by calibur View Post

sometimes, check in GoSMS setting, it might allow you disable the stock text notification or give instruction on how too.
    bingo that is exactly how to do it. GoSMS tells you do not uninstall your stock SMS app but instead just turn off its notifications and you will be good to go. That is all I did. After that you will be promped sometime later on what SMS app you want to use for default but that is pretty easy to change the first time it comes up.

Default Re: GoSMS: disable native SMS application

hey guys,

quickest way is to go into native messaging app --->settings---->under message centre, you just enter a bogus number. and there you go, no more double sms's

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by calibur View Post

Worked like a charm....thanks

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would always get notification from the stock app when someone would send me an mms when I was using go.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Default Re: GoSMS: disable native SMS application

text message menory full