Another BB convert here, making the jump!!!!!
05-25-2011 10:33 AM
- Hello Everyone,
I am currently a BB Torch user, and have been a very avid BB fan for a very long time. But like all the others here in the Android Community, Im burned out and ready to make the jump. I am going tomorrow after work to join the world of Atrix users, and extremely excited about it. Ive always wanted an Adroid device, and now that ATT is partially out of Apples rear end, a quality Andriod phone from ATT is possible.
I do, however, like other BB converts welcome opinions and all the advice anyone is willing to give me. I feel comfortable and technically savvy enough to deal with most of the small issues I may encounter with the Atrix that others have posted about on here. The one main question I have that I cant seem to find a solid or straight answer to is: What will happen to my att.blackberry email that I have used for so long?? Can it be forwarded?? Is it going to become useless??
Also, are the Atrix's currently being sold already updated, or will that need to be the first thing I need to do when I get it??
Boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen you will have a new user tommorow afternoon, and Im pretty excited. Hope to hear from all of you soon. Opinions and help are more than welcome.
Shaggy05-22-2011 11:51 PM
- in response to your blackberry att email, i do not know, as i never used it when i was on the Bold series. Hopefully someone will come and chime in with an answer.
I dont think the atrix being sold now are update to date in software but the latest version is 4.1.83 that you can easily upgrade over the air.
I recommend looking at the Samsung Infuse 4G as well, i hear many good reviews on it. Check it out in the other section of the forum. i been wanting to switch to it as soon as i find a local buyer for my atrix. lol.05-23-2011 12:53 AM
- I'd simply call ATT and find out.... you may also try to ask in the store but I think its more like a technical question so better contact ATT tech support... And yes, you can update your phone once you get it.. it takes just a few minutes make sure you have charged your battery in full first..05-23-2011 06:13 AM
- once you switch that email address will go poof, along with all the emails, you should probably forward what you want to a gmail or other account that you can access. The only way you can access it would be from your bb so you should do that before you switch. I think this is the main reason that bb users don't really use it (from what I've read, and I've never used mine either)05-23-2011 08:49 AM
- Luckily I do have a Gmail to use as well. I started using the BB email early before I started to realize that this may happen. Thanks for the help guys. Im way too excited, I may go get it early and play with it at work. The next thing is, does the battery on the Atrix need an old school battery cycle, there is a few posts saying it does. Just curious...05-23-2011 09:03 AM
- I believe it goes bye bye. I know I could no longer access mine when I made the switch off blackberry 2 weeks ago but then again I never really used it so it was not a real lost.
Biggest thing I miss from my 8900 is the hardware keyboard. Touch screen keyboards just do not work as well.
That and the notification LED on the Atrix is crap compared to the blackberry. Now I will say the trade was well worth it as Atrix has better apps and a much better web browsing phone.05-23-2011 09:18 AM
- Luckily I do have a Gmail to use as well. I started using the BB email early before I started to realize that this may happen. Thanks for the help guys. Im way too excited, I may go get it early and play with it at work. The next thing is, does the battery on the Atrix need an old school battery cycle, there is a few posts saying it does. Just curious...05-23-2011 10:59 AM
- as a former crackberry guy, pearl, bold, torch owner, the best piece of advice I can give is to switch and live with it. no keyboard will suck for a while. but look at alternitive keyboards, it does get better. Personally I would love a bb keyboard on my atrix. I chose the atrix over others due to side and pocketability. 4.5 is huge in the pocket.05-23-2011 04:38 PM
- regarding the notification light, try the Light Flow app. works wonders
https://market.android.com/details?i...roid.lightflow05-23-2011 04:44 PM
- Well boy and girls, its a done deal. I am officially an Android user, and in the first few hours of infancy, I couldnt be happier. I think my excitement is masking any aggravation with motoblur at the moment. I see everyones point though. Im positive when the dust clears Ill be a modder and a customizer like the rest of you. Especially since I did all that was possible with BB. Bought an Otterbox defender and hate it. Its going back in just a few minutes. Going to order the Seido holster set up from the Android Central store. Always had Seido with BB and loved it. And anyone else reading this and curious, it did not come with the software update, I will be doing that manually later tonight when I can go without phone access for awhile. As with all the others, Im a happy convert, and still always open to advice and opinions. I am a tech head like the rest of you, just new to this particular chapter in the tech world.
Thanks again Android Community
Shaggy05-23-2011 05:33 PM
- I believe you can. With LightFlow. Not too sure.05-25-2011 10:33 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- AT&T ATRIX Forums
- AT&T ATRIX
Another BB convert here, making the jump!!!!!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD