native player pausing randomly

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Atrix for about two months and have had this issue since the first few days.
My battery is set to performance
music and file apps and many other apps are on my ignore list on my task manager so they are not killed.
I dont know what other things to do,I start and it plays halfway through the song and pauses,some times it plays perfectly without stopping so its just certain times of the day it will do it.

Does anyone have any sugestions as I believe it to be a software issue I even went in and cleared the App data and it didnt fix my issue,also mounted and unmounted the sd card and even physically removed it but no luck,some advice would be appreciated.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Try PowerAmp, really awesome player with lots of costumisation options and excellent equalizer....... combined with monster turbines in-ear speakers I couldnt be more happier...

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I switched from the stock player to this about a week ago. So far so good. THe stock player just seems too bloaty for its own good.

yep its really great, I gave it a try for a day and then bought it. btw, Atrix does produce really good sound if proper player and good headphones used...

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been happy with the Amazon mp3 app/player. I do use PowerAmp now, but the amazon one is just fine for playback and such. Maybe checkout Winamp too, that is another great free one with a bit more options than the amazon one.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just installed winamp onto my atrix and I'm still experiencing it shutting off.I have media share,files,music,and win amp on my ignore list of apps to be killed.
I know the music app depends on some other services to run what other services should I keep running?

Vic Nebulous

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same exact problem and it became a real issue, so I bagged the native player and went with the free edition of PowerAMP. HUGE difference. First -- no random stoppage. Also -- an equalizer. It's really made the Atrix a more viable music player. That native player sucked, and DoubleTwist was just weird -- it would see the music in the internal storage, but not on the SD card.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeahhh equalizer in powerAmp is really awesome.. and the player itself is highly costumizable its prolly the best one out there... and i tried a few of them...

Reactions: ross.lafferty

njlx016

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use Doubletwist and was considering switching to PowerAMP. The one thing I liked about Doubletwist was the desktop app for syncing with iTunes. Is there a good alternative?

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
You are such not required to use the doubletwist app if you use the desktop software. I use doubletwist for syncing and playlists but Poweramp for my playback.

One alternative to the desktop software is Miro.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Ive heard of doubleTwist being good (and a great looking UI. Best looking there is). I just lurk here and not getting my atrix for another week but from everything I've heard doubleTwist has been great. And later on down the road when you get some extra cash, you can buy AirSync to wirelessly sync your content. Pretty cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol