Problems after side-loading apk (not rooted)

atrixnyc

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me.

This morning I downloaded an apk of SPB Shell 3D and installed using side-load wonder machine on my (not rooted) Atrix.

I re-booted, and things got stuck on the At&t "Rethink Possible" white screen. I searched around and read some posts and saw that someone fixed a similar problem by calling their phone. I called mine (using another line, obviously) and was able to answer the call.

Once I ended the call, the lock screen displayed fine. However, when I unlocked the lock screen, the only thing that was visible was the task-bar. The home-screens are black and have no icons. I can access text messages and other things in the task bar, and I have my "double-tap home button" set to Google maps and that works, but nothing else does.

I can plug the phone into my computer via USB and the internal and SD cards show up and can be opened.

I've heard some things about soft reboots, fastboots, adb, etc... but I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe the .apk I installed was a bad one?

I'm pretty frustrated and it doesn't seem anyone has had the same problem. Any help would be great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38