Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default FLAC on Atrix?

I got the Atrix about a week ago. It took me a few days to figure out, but now I love it. I have tons of FLAC files, and I would like to play them on my Atrix. I know that there is no native support on the phone. Is there another way to play them? Is rooting the answer? Is there an app?

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Download the trial version of PowerAMP from the Market. Besides the fact that it's a superb player, it plays FLAC files.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by attweco View Post
    Download the trial version of PowerAMP from the Market. Besides the fact that it's a superb player, it plays FLAC files.
    That's what I thought, but last night I copied a file of songs in FLAC to my phone. I have poweramp, and they would not play or even show up. I know they copied b/c my phone now has 4gb's less memory. Perhaps I did something wrong, but I don't see how.

Quote Originally Posted by bumizitch View Post
    That's what I thought, but last night I copied a file of songs in FLAC to my phone. I have poweramp, and they would not play or even show up. I know they copied b/c my phone now has 4gb's less memory. Perhaps I did something wrong, but I don't see how.
    Make sure you copy the cue file as well it gets the song names from it... it perfectly works for me. PowerAmps is probably the best music app for android as of today..... i bought the full ver.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Here's my dilemma. Hopefully someone can help. I've put three files of flac songs on my phone. The first shows up as "Audiochecker Log" in poweramp. I Tcan listen to the songs, but not under the original album title. The second album doesn't show up in poweramp or the computer directory. The third album(w/ cue file) also doesn't show up anywhere.
    Last edited by bumizitch; 06-07-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Try Audiogalaxy it supports FLAC and you don't have to take up space on your phone or SD card.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

I dont think the Atrix plays any other formats which werent listed in the specs...pretty dumb.....
    Galaxy S3 Quantum Rom based off CM11
    Galaxy S4 MDOB T.W ROM KToonez Kernel
    Nexus 7 2013 Carbon ROM Faux123 OC Kernel
    For app reviews and Rom reviews follow me on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OnEmOsPhErE86

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I have hundreds of FLAC files for home use but they're too big to go portable and most portable headphones (those under $150) aren't good enough to let you tell the difference. As I buy more flacs or rip from my CD library (not a pirate) I make high quality MP3 copies for my phone. That's my advice. It's not free but dbpoweramp has a batch converter that will let you make mp3 conversions/copies by the thousand if you have that many flacs.

Try flac to mp3 - it converts flac files to high quality mp3s for free:

FLAC To MP3 - FLAC To MP3 Converter - Download FREE

Did you hit rescan folders in the settings menu?
    Thanked by:
    OSN

FLACs with PowerAMP works for me. I believe rescan folders was the key.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I finally got it to work. I did not know about the rescan folders option. I had not found the poweramp settings yet. I am overjoyed now.