Logging Out of WiFi Network on Phone

cin0001

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So I got my Atrix about a week ago and i'm loving it. The only problem i've had is that the wi-fi in my dorm requires you to log in to use the network. You can only log in on one computer or device at a time so while i'm logged in on my phone, I can't access the internet on my laptop.
The issue is that i'm not able to log out of the network on my phone so that I can use the internet through my laptop. Usually when I shut down my laptop, it disconnects from the network itself. But i've tried turning off the wi-fi, turning the phone off, and even restoring the phone to factory settings. None of these worked and I can only access the internet through my phone in my dorm room. If anyone has any idea of what I could do to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
it seems that your dorm wifi configured to keep the MAC address of the device in record, thats the only explanation i can think of... (since it doesnt work if you turn off wifi or even wiped the device) you can try to contact your IT staff about this issue.

Edit:
i just found some info on how to change a MAC addresss... I know it is too much hassle but you can at least try it to see if it works.... Motorola Atrix 4G: How to Change Wi-Fi and BT MAC

Last edited: