Gingerbread

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So I installed the leaked official version of gingerbread and I love it. It's so fast. I haven't noticed any bugs or lag. I installed tw4 and love it as well. My only complaint is when u drag the notification bar down where the wifi and Bluetooth buttons are, they replaced silent with flight mode. Any way to get it back? Also, I rooted using the fugu method. Is it OK to delete the fugu folder on my SD card as its already rooted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The notification bar is not changeable, to my knowledge, using Samsung ROMs. Cognition and AtomicFusion, custom ROMs based on the KF1 leak you are probably using, both add the SILENT option to the extended power menu (along with a good deal many others). This is the menu that pops up when you hold the power button down. Very useful.

Alternatively, CM7 allows the notification bar to be completely customized. Either path however, is a custom ROM... which is not very different than rooted KF1 anyway :).

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I have been running gb since DesignGears released perception2 beta and went to Mosaic and now I am running darkyrom r4 and no issues. I tried tw4 on perception beta2 or beta 3 and it was buggy as hell! My favorite launcher is gb launcher and then launcher pro but since running a Sammy based rom get all of the cool features of tw but none of the iPhone style coloring! No big deal to have the gb boot loader as it is not hard to do, just make sure your computer does not shutdown!

Hth,
Charlie

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So after using gb with tw4 noticed s few bugs. Mostly with tw4 though. But my q is that there is a framework-Res.apk available for the Droid line that adds the gb screen shut off animation. It says it works for many Droid phones which would mean it is not limited to 1 phone am I correct? If so would it work on the cappy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk