UCKJ1 2.3.5 leak

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I would i install this. I have my phone rooted with stock at&t froyo.

first do a factory reset (or you can do it after, either way it needs to be done, otherwise tethering manager will force close twice every time you go from wifi to data, etc)

download the odin program, just do a google search for odin 1.83 and it should find one

download the firmware file from that link in post 1, and extract the file (when it asks for a password type sampro.pl)

open up the odin program, place the file you extracted in the pda slot

shut off your phone, pull out battery, sim card, sd card

put phone in download mode by doing the following: plug phone into usb, hold both volume buttons (NOT power button), re-insert battery. your phone should now be a yellow digging android with the words downloading: do not turn off target

odin should find your phone, and one of the boxes should turn yellow and say COM:5 or something like that. then just push the start button and let it go! when it says pass in a green box in the upper left corner, you can unplug your phone. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE UNTIL IT'S DONE. otherwise you could soft brick. lol

Last edited:

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I would not flash this one. This is the direct leak from Samsung, and would require more than the usual care with Odin. Not impossible, but you need the pit files, and there is usually issues with the totally stock ROMs. I would flash one of the derivative builds from a dev, which would likely also include instructions depending on your starting point.
My $.02.

EDIT- This is what devs use as a starting point.

abigjuan

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Install was a breeze; no problems....except......no longer rooted. Tried to root using several methods including [APP]SuperOneClick v2.1.1 which has worked well for me in the past (used Auto and Gingerbreak settings). Always have been able to root after one or two tries for my errors. Any thoughts and/or suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

alcaloide

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed my captivate, let's see how it turns out had sone issues with 2.3.3

A noob question: When AT&T finnaly releases the Oficial Gingerbread, will be there a way to flash it to my phone?:p

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed my captivate, let's see how it turns out had sone issues with 2.3.3

A noob question: When AT&T finnaly releases the Oficial Gingerbread, will be there a way to flash it to my phone?:p

I would one-click back to 2.1 (JF6), try the kies update to froyo, then GB. Should work. I think.

But why would you want to? :)

alcaloide

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Because I suppouse it will be more stable than a leak maybe?

So far it's OK in 2.3.3 it asked me to authenticate my google acc every 4 hours or so...

So thx all for this easy way to flash my phone :)

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You should flash one of the custom ROMs based off the leaks. They resolve those problems and give a lot of value add, for no further risk than you have already taken. I can't recommend it more highly.

If you want to keep stock feel, that is achievable.

alcaloide

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Reporting in guys, after 2 days using this leak I've found this bugs: :mad:

1st, no sure if it's a bug but, when I press power button the menu appears and the toggle Cell Network option has dissapeared. If I want to shut down my network data usage for some reason I have to go through the Network Options.

and second, Im playing music, or a game and suddenly the sound goes away, the thing it's muted and sometimes a reboot will not solve the problem...

I guess I'm switching to a more stable CUSTOM ROM,

any advice? :confused:

HiVuhltage

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
first do a factory reset (or you can do it after, either way it needs to be done, otherwise tethering manager will force close twice every time you go from wifi to data, etc)

download the odin program, just do a google search for odin 1.83 and it should find one

download the firmware file from that link in post 1, and extract the file (when it asks for a password type sampro.pl)

open up the odin program, place the file you extracted in the pda slot

shut off your phone, pull out battery, sim card, sd card

put phone in download mode by doing the following: plug phone into usb, hold both volume buttons (NOT volume button), re-insert battery. your phone should now be a yellow digging android with the words downloading: do not turn off target

odin should find your phone, and one of the boxes should turn yellow and say COM:5 or something like that. then just push the start button and let it go! when it says pass in a green box in the upper left corner, you can unplug your phone. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE UNTIL IT'S DONE. otherwise you could soft brick. lol

Is that the way to install these leaks? Sorry I'm a newb :)

alcaloide

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, It's really easy following those steps. the download has 2 files, ignore the DLL

however I found some glitches, and now im looking to install another ROM like CyanogenMOD or something, something more stable, think of this leak as a beta version, it will have some bugs and glitches, but overall you can use your phone as you normally would.

And if you are comming from froyo, you will notice a change in speed as gingerbread is faster.

IF you want to initiate yourself in this thing of flashing custom ROMS and don't like to have to wait for official updates then this is perfect for a start.

And don't freak out if something goes wrong and you cant boot you're phone, captivate is hard to brick so there is always a way to bring it back to life.

Happy flashing

(I'm still a noob too):D

ryaxnb

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm really happy with this leak (KJ3). It works great on my device. I flashed it, rooted it with Fugu Kernelmod, restored my backup, and everything is super-smooth.

hdfx81

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about upgrading my captivate to gingerbread, how difficult is it? Do I have to install the I897UCKJ1 first or just go with the I897UCKJ2 file? Will this help with my wifi? Thanks

lazrracr

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok-I installed the 2.3.5 and it really was as easy as it sounds (Thanks for posting the leak and the clear instructions.)...but I could not figure out how to do the first step -the factory reset. As warned, the tethering manager force closes all the time.

I have build #1101 and tried to follow the instructions on the restore factory thread on this site but now I'm lost. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok-I installed the 2.3.5 and it really was as easy as it sounds (Thanks for posting the leak and the clear instructions.)...but I could not figure out how to do the first step -the factory reset. As warned, the tethering manager force closes all the time.

I have build #1101 and tried to follow the instructions on the restore factory thread on this site but now I'm lost. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

go into settings, privacy, and select the "factory data reset" option.

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Reporting in guys, after 2 days using this leak I've found this bugs: :mad:

1st, no sure if it's a bug but, when I press power button the menu appears and the toggle Cell Network option has dissapeared. If I want to shut down my network data usage for some reason I have to go through the Network Options.

and second, Im playing music, or a game and suddenly the sound goes away, the thing it's muted and sometimes a reboot will not solve the problem...

I guess I'm switching to a more stable CUSTOM ROM,

any advice? :confused:

CyanogenMod 7.1 > all :D