1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Default ICS Ports

Anyone ready for some tasty Ice Cream Sandwich on their Captivate?

First is the MIUI-based . You won't get the new UI with this, but it is built on the ICS framework, so you'll have all the backend improvements. If you're a MIUI fan, give this a go.

Next is a source-built. It's still in alpha, so there will be bugs galore, but with a little 3G hackery, it works.

Finally, there's my personal favorite,. These are test builds put together by the CMSGS team (basically, this is pre-CM9, minus some extra features), and for this stage in the game, it is surprisingly good.

The fact that we have 3 working ICS ROMs just weeks after the source drop is a huge testament to the Cappy hacking community. If you are itching to try out ICS, give one of these a try.
    Thanked by 3:

ROM
    Teamhacksungs ICS port

Default Re: ICS Ports

For anyone wondering, TeamHacksungs ICS Port runs really freakin nice. The UI is a bit slow (I underclock my CPU though) but everything else works just perfectly. I have no problems with data, calling or sending messages. All the apps run just fine with this ROM that worked with CM7. Plus installing it can't be easier, it's just like updating CM7 the manual way plus you have to flash gapps again (not a big deal at all)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

After the Nexus S drop, both AOSP ROMs have been updated with performance improvements.

ROM
    Teamhacksungs ICS port

Question, every time I update the build number to the latest and try and flash the latest Gapps as well, Gapps never seem to work when I reboot the phone. I would love to update it and keep it at the latest build but this problem has been persistent since build 5 and so I'm still using build 3. Any knowledge on the matter?

been using the Team ICSSGS 4.0.3 build for a few days now, it's fantastic, stable, no bugs, and ICS really has some cool features over 2.2 and 2.3 (never noticed a big difference between those two)

it's painfully simple to flash if you're on GB already, just put on sd card and install with cwm

Quote Originally Posted by mdoyal1 View Post
    Question, every time I update the build number to the latest and try and flash the latest Gapps as well, Gapps never seem to work when I reboot the phone. I would love to update it and keep it at the latest build but this problem has been persistent since build 5 and so I'm still using build 3. Any knowledge on the matter?
    When you flash the latest version of the CM9 alpha, also re-flash gapps 7.1 without a reboot in between. Should work fine then... at least that is what I do, and it works then like the CM7 upgrades do. Which is to say flawlessly. Very happy with CM9. On Build 17 now, and started at like build 12 or so.